How much is this signed (basket)ball worth? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Cards and Memorabilia

How much is this signed (basket)ball worth?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How much is this signed (basket)ball worth?

Postby DK » Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:07 pm

It's been signed by Cleveland G LeBron James, Dallas G Jason Terry, and Detroit C Ben Wallace.

LeBron is $600 alone, I'm just wondering what the other two add on to it.

Man, I'm lucky. :D
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby irishdude103 » Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:09 pm

and may i ask how you came across this basketball- luck?
irishdude103
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Madison » Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:41 am

Certificate of Authenticity to go with it? If you don't have one, get one. It increases the value and you don't have to bother trying to "prove" that the signatures are authentic. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DK » Sun Oct 03, 2004 10:26 am

Mad, thanks for that. I'll see what I can do to get it done- although I really don't know how to go about that...

irish- went to a lot of Nets games last year, friend of mine got me a couple tickets to 10 or so games. I have an autograph book filled with other guys, but the ball I saved for the best. I was unhappy Dirk didn't sign it, though. :-D
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby irishdude103 » Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:07 am

DK wrote:Mad, thanks for that. I'll see what I can do to get it done- although I really don't know how to go about that...

irish- went to a lot of Nets games last year, friend of mine got me a couple tickets to 10 or so games. I have an autograph book filled with other guys, but the ball I saved for the best. I was unhappy Dirk didn't sign it, though. :-D
;-D
irishdude103
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Madison » Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:03 am

DK, Padres19 might be able to help with the Certificate. Here's what he put in another thread dealing with getting one:

Padres19 wrote:Depending on where you live, you can submit your baseball to be authenticed by either PSA or Global Authentication at a local show. Let me know where you live and if you want more info, i can forward you to more info and how much it would cost for a proper COA.

Maybe he can give you some info. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:17 pm

Is there any chance that those other 2 sigs would lower the value of the ball??
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby The Thrill » Tue Oct 05, 2004 2:38 pm

Lofunzo wrote:Is there any chance that those other 2 sigs would lower the value of the ball??

I suppose there is that chance. All in the eye of the beholder...or purchaser. IMO, no, it does not decrease the value. I would say it WOULD decrease the value if you had someone completely unrelated to basketball sign it, like some obscure actor or someone like that.
The Thrill
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 32)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:48 pm

The Thrill wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:Is there any chance that those other 2 sigs would lower the value of the ball??

I suppose there is that chance. All in the eye of the beholder...or purchaser. IMO, no, it does not decrease the value. I would say it WOULD decrease the value if you had someone completely unrelated to basketball sign it, like some obscure actor or someone like that.

I ask because, for example and completely unrelated, say you caught Bonds' 756th HR ball and had him and Pedro Feliz sign it. ;-7
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby DK » Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:28 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
The Thrill wrote:

I ask because, for example and completely unrelated, say you caught Bonds' 756th HR ball and had him and Pedro Feliz sign it. ;-7

Well, I understand the viewpoint you're coming from, but Pedro Feliz is a bad baseball player. Ben Wallace is the best defensive player in the game, and Jason Terry is an exciting PG on Dallas. Both of them are All-Star worthy, not something you could say of Feliz.

Oh, and it's just a basketball. It's not the ball James scored his first points with or anything. :-D
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Baseball Cards and Memorabilia