Playoff Matchups - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Playoff Matchups

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Sox FANatic001 » Sun Oct 03, 2004 10:24 am

ajgnydc722 wrote:
DK wrote:
Shaky pitching? The Twins' staff is a rock. The other AL teams can dominate or bust, depending. I'd rate the Sox over the Yanks, and the Yanks over the Angels. I don't see the Yankees going to the World Series, but I do see an interesting trip for whoever gets there.

Point well taken. The Twins are good with their first 2 starters, but I'd be weary of their next two. The Red Sox also have the talent to shut down offenses. I simply mean that I don't see a dominating staff that you could say, "Wow, that team is going to shut down almost everyone," like you could have with, say the 2001 D'Backs or the Cubbies last year. All the staffs are relativley the same.

Agreed that it should be a interested trip to the Fall Classic this year.

howe bout the cards :-D :-D

ok, backto the AL

th angels do scare me some, they obviously have a very explosive offense (best BA in the AL) and decent pitching. however their pitching staff doesnt scare that much. of the satarters they have used this year (i'm not realy familar with their team as they play real late out west and results often dont make the papers over here) one has an ERA under 4 and only one other as an era under 4.5. I just dont think this is the kind of staff that will take them deep into the palyoffs

not to use cliches but pitching wins chamionships

the twis (i think) have the scariest pitching staff in the AL. The yanks (excluding el duke) have had very shaky pitching. while el duke can win 2 games in a series i dont see their other pitchers strepping up and getting the job done. the sox on the other hand have a afirly good staff. Schillingf has been great. if (fairly big if) arroyo can keep it up, hes a very solid #2 stasrter looking at his numbers of late. While pedro hasnt been in his old form latley, i really dont see him staying in this slump for ever. he still is pedro martinez and i think he'll be good enough to get the jjob done in the playoffs (i hope) lowes been awful, cant count on him, buit hopefully, in a 7 game series we wont have to. wakefield hasnt been stellar by any means, hitting a prolonged slump the second half (exxcluding some of august) he could come through or be awful who really knows??
Lets Go patsox!

yay! sox win!!!
bambino-1918-2004
Rest In Pain ;-)

Big David Ortiz Rocks my socks off
him and pokey
Sox FANatic001
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous