Playoff Matchups - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Playoff Matchups

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Playoff Matchups

Postby Sox FANatic001 » Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:20 pm

Hows it looking

i'd love to see hte yanks stuck with the twins as the twins would wreak them, althogh, i'd love for the sox to do that, but whoever does it, its fine with me

so, is it gonna be yanks-twins; sox-angles
Lets Go patsox!

yay! sox win!!!
bambino-1918-2004
Rest In Pain ;-)

Big David Ortiz Rocks my socks off
him and pokey
Sox FANatic001
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ajgnydc722 » Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:10 pm

Well first of all, it's not yet determined if the Yankees are playing the Twins for sure. If Minnesota loses tomorrow then they play NY. If they win and Anaheim loses, Minnesota plays Boston. If they finish with the same record as Anaheim, then Angels play Sox, Twins play Yanks.

Second of all, how are you so sure that Twins will wreck the Yankees? I'm rooting for Minnesota to lose so we can play them. Anaheim is the only team in the playoffs right now that truly scares me. We beat Minnesota last year and swept them last week. Sure, they are dangerous and I'm not looking past them, but how exactly can you say they will wreck the Yankees and not say anything about the dangerous Angels having to play your wildcard Red Sox??
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Sox FANatic001 » Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:17 pm

yeah, the angles do scare me a bit
but santana and his amazingness freaks me out

i think the yanks will struggle with whoever as a result of their shaky staff !+)
Lets Go patsox!

yay! sox win!!!
bambino-1918-2004
Rest In Pain ;-)

Big David Ortiz Rocks my socks off
him and pokey
Sox FANatic001
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby irishdude103 » Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:18 pm

Sox FANatic001 wrote:yeah, the angles do scare me a bit
but santana and his amazingness freaks me out

i think the yanks will struggle with whoever as a result of their shaky staff !+)

i concur, i just don't think they have enough to make it this year i say they don't go to the World Series, sorry ajgnydc722
irishdude103
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby FatGuyWithAMullet » Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:36 pm

ajgnydc722 wrote:Second of all, how are you so sure that Twins will wreck the Yankees? I'm rooting for Minnesota to lose so we can play them. Anaheim is the only team in the playoffs right now that truly scares me. We beat Minnesota last year and swept them last week. Sure, they are dangerous and I'm not looking past them, but how exactly can you say they will wreck the Yankees and not say anything about the dangerous Angels having to play your wildcard Red Sox??

You really are one of the most clueless homers I have ever seen.

Take off the rose colored glasses for a second. Now, there is a perfectly reasonable explanation as to why the Twins could wreck the Yankees, and it's because they possess the x-factor in a 5 game series in Johan Santana.

I also would not overlook the advantage of the Metrodome.
FatGuyWithAMullet
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ajgnydc722 » Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:26 pm

FatGuywithMullet...

You have been one of the most idiotic posters here since you showed up, so don't call me clueless. How am I being a homer? By asking why exactly the Twins will crush the Yankees? Please, don't be an @$$.

Hmm, Johan Santana? Metrodome? I believe the Yankees faced both in last year's ALDS. Now obviously Santana has bigger status now, and he'll be harder to beat, but the Yankees have homefield advantage (which is arguabley the best homefield in the league). The Yankees offense is rolling right now as is Mike Mussina, who will counter Santana.

Now don't give me crap about how the Twins will wreck the Yankees and how the Red Sox will breeze past the Angels, because Anaheim has the monster, Vladdy. Their bullpen is great and their lineup is on fire right now. Their pitching isn't too shabby either. Sounds kinda like the 2002 Angels when they won it all. But of course that wouldn't matter to you Boston fans, because it's the year of the Sox, right?

Don't make me laugh. To say the Yankees are going to get wrecked and not say a word about YOUR opponent who is just as if not more dangerous than Minnesota, is being more of a homer than I've been. I don't believe I've said anything to be a homer here. Did I say the Yankees will dominate the Twins or that Minny has no chance? Hell no. I've learned my lessons about underdogs after watching Anaheim and Florida beat me two years in a row. All I asked was how you can tell me that the Twins will wreck the Yankees and meanwhile seem happy about only having to worry about the Angels.

In response to SoxFantatic001, I don't know how much more of a shaky staff the Yankees have compared to that of the Red Sox. Schilling has been the only rock in your rotation, and Mussina has done so for us for a while. Pedro has lost what? His last 4 starts and looks less than impressive in each of them. Not to mention some remarks that are not Pedro-like (the Yankees are my daddy). Derek Lowe has been as much or more of a joke than Vazquez has, and if Brown pitches like he did today, he's ready to go too.

The Yankees have shaky pitching, but so does everyone in the playoffs. However, the Yankees have the most explosive lineup. There is no team that you can point to and say, their staff will shut the Yankees down. So therefore, I personally can't believe that the Yankees aren't going to go to the World Series because at this time, I don't see any main contender in the AL, but rather they are all close to eachother in terms of talent. Maybe the Yankees will be in the World Series, maybe they won't. But to say they are going to get wrecked by the Twins, and then say nothing about your Red Sox having to deal with the Angels, is just asanine.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby FatGuyWithAMullet » Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:54 pm

ajgnydc722 wrote:FatGuywithMullet...

You have been one of the most idiotic posters here since you showed up, so don't call me clueless. How am I being a homer? By asking why exactly the Twins will crush the Yankees? Please, don't be an @$$.

Hmm, Johan Santana? Metrodome? I believe the Yankees faced both in last year's ALDS. Now obviously Santana has bigger status now, and he'll be harder to beat, but the Yankees have homefield advantage (which is arguabley the best homefield in the league). The Yankees offense is rolling right now as is Mike Mussina, who will counter Santana.

Now don't give me crap about how the Twins will wreck the Yankees and how the Red Sox will breeze past the Angels, because Anaheim has the monster, Vladdy. Their bullpen is great and their lineup is on fire right now. Their pitching isn't too shabby either. Sounds kinda like the 2002 Angels when they won it all. But of course that wouldn't matter to you Boston fans, because it's the year of the Sox, right?

Don't make me laugh. To say the Yankees are going to get wrecked and not say a word about YOUR opponent who is just as if not more dangerous than Minnesota, is being more of a homer than I've been. I don't believe I've said anything to be a homer here. Did I say the Yankees will dominate the Twins or that Minny has no chance? Hell no. I've learned my lessons about underdogs after watching Anaheim and Florida beat me two years in a row. All I asked was how you can tell me that the Twins will wreck the Yankees and meanwhile seem happy about only having to worry about the Angels.

Why am I an idiotic poster? Because I don't spend all my time rimming everyone? Because I don't pad my post count by quoting people and then responding with a freaking "Big Grin" emoticon like you? Don't make me laugh.

Now if you weren't a complete and utter tool, you would of seen that I said COULD wreck the Yankees.

You are clueless and you like it.
FatGuyWithAMullet
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ajgnydc722 » Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:00 pm

This is my last post in response to you because frankly I don't want to be associated with such an ignorant fool such as yourself. You joined this site during June of this year. I have been around since May 2003. So exactly how the hell do you know how much I've contributed to this site? I'm sure if you ask people who've been around here for a while, they'd say I've contributed alot to the many discussions here and have both taught and learned alot from others.

And if you weren't blinded by your necessity to trash talk the Yankees, then you'd see my point....which is, why, if you're going to say the Yankees could get wrecked, don't you say the Red Sox could get wrecked just as easily. Then you tell me I "rim" everyone? You contradict yourself by calling me a "clueless homer" when there's not a bit of homerism in my post. When did I "rim" anyone? I asked him how the Yankees are going to get wrecked?

Be a little more aware of what I wrote before you mouth off. You just make yourself look more like a fool.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ajgnydc722 » Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:10 pm

ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby nsulham » Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:10 pm

Just for the record, I don't think fatguy is a Sox fan. I don't think he ever clearly stated his allegaince so telling him "your Red Sox" is false.

Also welcome back ajgnydc722. I noticed you weren't around much lately when the Sox were hot on the Yanks heels ;-)

Saw you over on the football side a lot though. I've been doing the same myself. Anyways, should be a fun next couple of weeks. See you in the ALCS, if we're both lucky enough to get there.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers