Please help guide my pitching strategy. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Please help guide my pitching strategy.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Please help guide my pitching strategy.

Postby The_Idiot » Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:04 am

Please let me know if I am doing the right thing 5x5 Roto

I am in Second place in the league (2 points ahead of the guy in 3rd). 1st is out of reach.
I wrapped up the Save cat last night.

I am just a mere .02 points ahead of the guy in Overall 3rd in WHIP.

I am 2 K's out of picking up a point in K's/
I am 10 K's ahead of the next guy chasing me.

I have less than 3 inning available though I can go over by counting all the innings that I get on the night I go over.

(Hope this all makes sense)

I am thinking about benching all of my pitchers excpet for Scott Kazmir on Saturday night. Will he get the 3 K's I need while not killing my WHIP or should I put my closers in also? They are Wagner, Dotel, Hermanson, Mesa, Affeldt, and Foulke
Go OoooooOOOOoooooo'ssssss
Here we Go Steelers!!!
The_Idiot
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby fishingmn » Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:10 am

I don't have the answer necissarily but I would look at your opponents. How many innings do they have left and how many potential starters going these last 3 days?

What you want to do is try and project where they will finish regarding K's (since that seems to be the stat in question). Once you have that figured out it can guide your strategy regarding whether you should play cautiously to protect your WHIP or whether you should load up on a ton of starters for a 1 day blitz that will blow you by your IP limit but hopefully get you more K's.
fishingmn
College Coach
College Coach

Postby warrick95 » Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:41 am

fishingmn wrote:I don't have the answer necissarily but I would look at your opponents. How many innings do they have left and how many potential starters going these last 3 days?

What you want to do is try and project where they will finish regarding K's (since that seems to be the stat in question). Once you have that figured out it can guide your strategy regarding whether you should play cautiously to protect your WHIP or whether you should load up on a ton of starters for a 1 day blitz that will blow you by your IP limit but hopefully get you more K's.

Exactly. Tell us their situations.

A 0.02 lead in WHIP is actually pretty good. Check out my "Y'all helped Lofunzo thread...now my plea for Roto help" to see what Apex and Bleach had to say about how WHIP works. That lead is actually quite a bit more comfortable than you'd imagine. Kazmir would have to blow up badly for you to go down there.
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Baseball Leftovers