What was the saddest story in 04'? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

What was the saddest story in 04'?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby wkelly91 » Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:58 am

How about the guy taking the ball from the kid?

Angel Berroa going on the DL for migranes :-P
wkelly91
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby StlSluggers » Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:07 pm

Sosa's DL stint for sneezing...

:-D

Sorry, that's the funniest story of the season, not the saddest.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Madison » Sat Oct 02, 2004 3:32 pm

RayD wrote:Can you imagine there was time when Griffey was younger and better than Barry Bonds?

Is Griffey older than Bonds now? :-?

Lmao! :-b

I know what you meant, I'm just messing with ya. ;-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Sticky Spice » Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:31 am

I guess it would be Urbina's mom, but I thought we were talking more on field-type responses.

I am truly stunned at how miserably the Phillies failed this year. I am not a big fan, but on paper I thought they were an easy in to the playoffs, especially with the Braves stripped down to jack squat.

On the flip side, I have never been a big Bobby Cox fan because I felt we never knew his true abilities with having all his big guns. After losing Maddux, Glavine (in 2003), Javy, and Shef, and still winning the division, I think Bobby Cox should win Manager of the Year. He even lost Marcus Giles for a big part of the season and Horacio Ramirez. Last June even John Smoltz said the Braves didn't have what it took to win their division. Truly an incredible job.
Sticky Spice
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 39)

Postby swingaway » Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:31 am

the cubs not making the playoffs and bickering about announcers how pathetic is that blaming everyone else but themselves.
swingaway
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Ender » Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:52 am

The Brewers 2nd half after the excitement they gave the first half.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby raiders_umpire » Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:23 pm

Sticky Spice wrote:
On the flip side, I have never been a big Bobby Cox fan because I felt we never knew his true abilities with having all his big guns. After losing Maddux, Glavine (in 2003), Javy, and Shef, and still winning the division, I think Bobby Cox should win Manager of the Year. He even lost Marcus Giles for a big part of the season and Horacio Ramirez. Last June even John Smoltz said the Braves didn't have what it took to win their division. Truly an incredible job.

i agree with you 100%.....Mr. bobby cox definitely deserves manager of the year this year....as he took a team of half AAA players for a good portion of the year and got them to the playoffs.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby George_Foreman » Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:35 pm

remember when RJ through his perfect game (or was it a no-no? I forget if he walked someone...) against AAA richmond? yeah. things were pretty miserable for the braves (and myself :-D ) then. but if they managed to run away with the division, stomp the world champion marlins after they added a prime time catcher and reliever, you've got to know that there's something going on.

i'm glad cox is finally recieving the recognition he's deserved these past 13 years. sure, you can say that the braves have had the money, but it's not like Torre's won 13 strait.

anyhow, i question how far they can get this year, but as long as everyone continues to discount their chances, i think they could have a great post season and perhaps even lose to the yankees in the world series again! :~(
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

Postby PresHabib » Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:42 pm

My saddest story in MLB this year...at least i THINK it was this year, was the fact that the two guys who attacked Tom Gamboa (Royal's 1b coach) only got probation. Urbina's mom is reaaaly close though.

I think another one of the saddest things was buying all of the seats in right field in...was it Los Angeles trying to get bonds' 700th...the memorabilia industry is disgusting and sad...thats not like boohoo sad, just "WTF" sad.
Rest in peace Mitch Hedberg. I name my fantasy team "Buoyancy of Citrus", in your honor.
1968-2005
PresHabib
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Sox FANatic001 » Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:48 pm

the yankees not sucking (ok, its never gonna i happen, i know, but i can hope, right?)
Lets Go patsox!

yay! sox win!!!
bambino-1918-2004
Rest In Pain ;-)

Big David Ortiz Rocks my socks off
him and pokey
Sox FANatic001
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

PreviousNext