What was the saddest story in 04'? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

What was the saddest story in 04'?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby wrveres » Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:39 pm

for me .....

Bret fricking Boone .....

what a waste of a top 5 pick ....
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31783
(Past Year: 641)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:19 pm

Strasil42 wrote:
LBJackal wrote:Well yeah if ya wanna get all sappy, you could say the lady who got her nose broken or more importantly Urbina's mom, but baseball related :-? I guess I'm getting used to Griffey wasting away his prime years, so I'll have to say a season without Jesse Orosco is the saddest thing. Every year I've been alive he's been pitching in the big leagues. Same with everybdy else whose 25 or under..... :-D


i dont feel sorry at all for the lady who got her nose broken, she deserved it.


Maybe her husband did more, but still I don't feel sorry for her at all. :-D
Image
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker
Posts: 6480
Joined: 6 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Swiping second

Postby ajgnydc722 » Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:29 pm

wrveres wrote:for me .....

Bret fricking Boone .....

what a waste of a top 5 pick ....


You mean top 5 rounds right? Not top 5 overall picks I hope?
Image
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4067
Joined: 11 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: THE EMPIRE

Postby wrveres » Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:45 pm

ajgnydc722 wrote:
wrveres wrote:for me .....

Bret fricking Boone .....

what a waste of a top 5 pick ....


You mean top 5 rounds right? Not top 5 overall picks I hope?


thank you , I stand corrected ....

Top 5 rounds ;-D
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31783
(Past Year: 641)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Strasil42 » Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:13 pm

SaintsOfTheDiamond wrote:
Strasil42 wrote:
LBJackal wrote:Well yeah if ya wanna get all sappy, you could say the lady who got her nose broken or more importantly Urbina's mom, but baseball related :-? I guess I'm getting used to Griffey wasting away his prime years, so I'll have to say a season without Jesse Orosco is the saddest thing. Every year I've been alive he's been pitching in the big leagues. Same with everybdy else whose 25 or under..... :-D


i dont feel sorry at all for the lady who got her nose broken, she deserved it.


Maybe her husband did more, but still I don't feel sorry for her at all. :-D


yep, anyone who gets sits near the bullpen just to harrass someone deserves what they got.
Strasil42
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4347
Joined: 14 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Omaha

Postby superfly » Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:30 pm

Saddest story is people trying to justify Schilling over Santana for the Cy Young.
superfly
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 361
Joined: 30 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Zito is God » Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:37 pm

Strasil42 wrote:
SaintsOfTheDiamond wrote:
Strasil42 wrote:
LBJackal wrote:Well yeah if ya wanna get all sappy, you could say the lady who got her nose broken or more importantly Urbina's mom, but baseball related :-? I guess I'm getting used to Griffey wasting away his prime years, so I'll have to say a season without Jesse Orosco is the saddest thing. Every year I've been alive he's been pitching in the big leagues. Same with everybdy else whose 25 or under..... :-D


i dont feel sorry at all for the lady who got her nose broken, she deserved it.


Maybe her husband did more, but still I don't feel sorry for her at all. :-D


yep, anyone who gets sits near the bullpen just to harrass someone deserves what they got.


Thats been a part of baseball for years before any of us were born though...
Image

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 4169
Joined: 11 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Secretly advising Cashman.

Postby swingaway » Sat Oct 02, 2004 4:42 am

people proclaming Zito is God lmao :-B
swingaway
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 1638
Joined: 6 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: at the cafe

Postby kimchi_chigae » Sat Oct 02, 2004 5:54 am

what about that guy in the giants game that was gonna catch the ball and ended up directing the ball to his girlfriend''s face. hmmm, ok, it wasn't sad, but funny...
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 14875
(Past Year: 194)
Joined: 27 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Osaka Jail

Postby RayD » Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:45 am

Wow. Remember back when Griffey was the guy who was supposed to chase down Hank Aaron's record? Can you imagine there was time when Griffey was younger and better than Barry Bonds?
RayD
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

User avatar

Posts: 29
Joined: 1 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2015 MLB season starts in 13:04 hours
(and 95 days)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact