Poker tournament thread - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Poker tournament thread

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Baseballer02 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:46 pm

Madison wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:Do most of you guys play at Pokerstars? Seeing all of the chat on her about free online poker, I've given some thought about starting to play some myself.

I don't play for free. B-)

I was gonna deposit a little sumtin into pokerstars, but then saw the min. deposit was $50. Gotta wait 'til next paycheck.
Baseballer02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby StlSluggers » Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:48 pm

Yeah, I can't play for cash. I just bought a house, and I'm supporting a young wife while she finishes college. I've played on Yahoo a few times, but that's about it really. Didn't seem to be too exciting.

Oh well. If you guys ever get around to an online free poker site that you like, let me know. I'm game.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Baseballer02 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:51 pm

StlSluggers wrote:Yeah, I can't play for cash. I just bought a house, and I'm supporting a young wife while she finishes college. I've played on Yahoo a few times, but that's about it really. Didn't seem to be too exciting.

Oh well. If you guys ever get around to an online free poker site that you like, let me know. I'm game.

All the sites we mention: pokerstars, partypoker, paradisepoker, etc. have play money tables. It's all I play right now until I have the extra money to deposit. It's also a great way to learn the games. The only drawback with play money is that there's a lot of people who play stupid because they're not really losing anything.
Baseballer02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:52 pm

You can play for free on Pokerstars.com, Partypoker.com and countless others. I've played at Yahoo before and it is awful. I play at Partypoker.com but just for play money.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 380)

Postby Baseballer02 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:56 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:You can play for free on Pokerstars.com, Partypoker.com and countless others. I've played at Yahoo before and it is awful. I play at Partypoker.com but just for play money.

Pokerstars is much better, IMO. Freeroll tourneys all the time, and limited re-buys at the play money tables, so it gets rid of people who just go all-in all the time for the hell of it.
Baseballer02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Madison » Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:03 pm

Yeah, most of the sites allow you to play on the toy money tables with fake chips. People play all screwy though since it's not real. I know Pokerstars starts you with 1000 in toy chips and I ran it up over $60,000 in less than a week. I opened my cash account then and haven't touched the toy chips since.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Baseballer02 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:06 pm

Madison wrote:Yeah, most of the sites allow you to play on the toy money tables with fake chips. People play all screwy though since it's not real. I know Pokerstars starts you with 1000 in toy chips and I ran it up over $60,000 in less than a week. I opened my cash account then and haven't touched the toy chips since.

I got over 50k in one hour. Booyah!! ;-D

But yes, I can't wait to make that first $100 deposit into Party Poker, play my hands, get my chips, cash out, and then deposit that cash into pokerstars., leaving all the play money tables in my wake.
Baseballer02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Madison » Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:12 pm

Baseballer02 wrote:But yes, I can't wait to make that first $100 deposit into Party Poker, play my hands, get my chips, cash out, and then deposit that cash into pokerstars., leaving all the play money tables in my wake.

You going to do it through the link I gave you? :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:15 pm

I still haven't gotten my chips from Partypoker - but its only been a little over a week.

I'm on right now trying to learn Omaha - don't think that I like it much.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby Baseballer02 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:18 pm

Madison wrote:
Baseballer02 wrote:But yes, I can't wait to make that first $100 deposit into Party Poker, play my hands, get my chips, cash out, and then deposit that cash into pokerstars., leaving all the play money tables in my wake.

You going to do it through the link I gave you? :-)

Yes I am, and when I sign up I'll put you in as a referer if it asks, since I believe you said it does.

How long did it take you to go from deposit to chips at your door? I figure it won't take but a couple days to play the required number of hands at a penny table.
Baseballer02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk