Extra! Eztra! They Hypocrisy is Killing Me!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Extra! Eztra! They Hypocrisy is Killing Me!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Extra! Eztra! They Hypocrisy is Killing Me!!!

Postby StlSluggers » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:54 am

I have a great example of hypocrisy here, but please bear with me. This is kind of an inside joke, but I think you'll get it and find it as funny as I do. I hope you enjoy.

Internal Memo wrote:Ecology - Finance 101

Did you know what it costs to print a page? I’ll wager that it’s a lot more than you might think!

Elsevier is committed to migrate much of the print volume to the Canon multi-function devices (copier, printer, e-copy) when possible. It is less expensive and far more ecologically sound.

For example…..
  • Do you use an ink-jet printer? The cost per page is from 6.3 to 9.4¢ for black & white and from 47¢ to $1.20 for color!
  • Do you use an HP laser-jet 4, 4N, or 5? The cost per page is from 4.2 to 7.8¢.
  • If you use the Canon devices, the cost is between 1.5 and 1.8¢.
- - How many nickels and dimes did you spend today?
Here's the best part:
Using the Canon device also allows you make appropriate use of the duplex mode (to print on both sides) and you halve your paper consumption.

The St Louis site consumes over 25,000,000 pages a year for copiers and printers.

- - How many trees could have been saved today?

Although recycling is important, reducing the wasteful consumption has a more immediate and more significant impact.

Here's where the hypocrisy sets in. If you look up Elsevier (or Reed-Elsevier), you'll see that we are the world's largest publisher of medical and scientific books, journals, and other literature. Yet here they are telling us to consume less paper because "we're killing the trees."

Ok, if it's not funny to you, I apologize. But you have to admit that it is pretty hypocritical of a publishing company to tell people not to waste paper by printing too much. I was rolling when one of my co-workers pointed this out to me.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:31 am

Maybe I'm missing something but aren't they telling you to use both sides?? It seems to me that no matter how much they use, they could use ywice as much. :-? That would make their publications look strange, though. :-)
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to General Talk