HOMECOMING: Need Help - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

HOMECOMING: Need Help

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Arlo » Wed Sep 29, 2004 6:58 pm

Two weeks to go? We might have a mock draft going by then, if you're looking for alternatives... :-D

Seriously though, I'd start with #1 and see how it goes. Then, just work your way down the list. If you get to #6, I'd try this:

1) Learn instrument. Preferably something that can be plugged into an amp.
2) Found band.
2a) Make sure other band members not as good-looking as you. Check if Dave Grohl is available, perhaps.
2b) Ask folks at Cafe for input on kick-ass band name. (Something like Billy and the Boingers, maybe. Oh, wait, that's been done.)
3) Get band invited to play at dance. This removes the need for a date, and presumably earns you serious style points as well.
4) Collect phone numbers during breaks between songs. Be careful to collect everything thrown on stage in case phone number scrawled on piece of attire.

Sound like a plan? B-)

(Seriously: start with plan #1, and take it from there. Good luck! ;-D )
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yikes » Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:05 pm

DaQ wrote:4.) Go with a friend that is a girl - In my school, if a guy goes to a dance w/ a girl, even if they are just friends, it's classified as bf/gf. I don't want to use this one.

Just go with a friend to the Homecoming. Who care what other people think? If they ask you about bf/gf issue after the dance, just laugh it off and let them know the truth.

If you're worried about what other people are thinking, ask other female friends at Homecoming and have one dance with them (making sure you let them know they are just friends).

This isn't a formal date party so go there and have fun and socialize. You'll do great ;-D

And foreigner say Chinese people worry too much about face
;-)
Insert Signature Here...
Yikes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby DieHardCubbie » Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:54 pm

Arlo wrote:If you get to #6, I'd try this:

2) Found band.
2a) Make sure other band members not as good-looking as you. Check if Dave Grohl is available, perhaps.
2b) Ask folks at Cafe for input on kick-ass band name. (Something like Billy and the Boingers, maybe. Oh, wait, that's been done.)
3) Get band invited to play at dance. This removes the need for a date, and presumably earns you serious style points as well.
4) Collect phone numbers during breaks between songs. Be careful to collect everything thrown on stage in case phone number scrawled on piece of attire.

Sound like a plan? B-)

Anybody wanna guess what Arlo did at his homecoming dance.... :-b
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:23 pm

DieHardCubbie wrote:Anybody wanna guess what Arlo did at his homecoming dance.... :-b

Lol. :-b

I actually thought it was a pretty good idea. Lol. :-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:43 pm

Arlo wrote:Two weeks to go? We might have a mock draft going by then, if you're looking for alternatives... :-D

Seriously though, I'd start with #1 and see how it goes. Then, just work your way down the list. If you get to #6, I'd try this:

2) Found band.

Sound like a plan? B-)

LOL, hmmm, I'm not sure, but I think doing all that in two weeks could be cutting it a little close, maybe it's just me. :-? :-D
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby DaQ » Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:05 pm

SaintsOfTheDiamond wrote:
Arlo wrote:Two weeks to go? We might have a mock draft going by then, if you're looking for alternatives... :-D

2) Found band.

Sound like a plan? B-)

LOL, hmmm, I'm not sure, but I think doing all that in two weeks could be cutting it a little close, maybe it's just me. :-? :-D

LOL - that's good thinking Arlo - only you could think of something like that ;-D Too bad I was in chorous in middle school (we had to take a music class, then we could forget about it in High School) so we would definately have the "wildest" band there if I was part of one - the notes would be so random!.

A few of my friends told me they think they are my campaign managers for repeating as Homecoming Prince/King (I don't think the whole thing is a big deal, but everyone else does :-? I keep it low-key, so I don't think every girl knows it) and they suggest I need a date cuz I'm the Prince/King (not necesarily true that I MUST go w/ someone although I'd like to, but it may be a first if I go there w/o a date and I won something last year).

They're trying to pair me up w/ someone - not necessarily a bad thing, but it seems weird that everyone says they'll get me a date. Today's target for them, who I would consider going with if it came to that, posed for a pic w/ me while some kid almost "on-cue" took the picture. She even seemed to know what was happening at least a little bit as I remained puzzled lol :*) . I'm just a little confused here.
DaQ
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Arlo » Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:14 pm

DaQ wrote:A few of my friends told me they think they are my campaign managers for repeating as Homecoming Prince/King (I don't think the whole thing is a big deal, but everyone else does :-? I keep it low-key, so I don't think every girl knows it) and they suggest I need a date cuz I'm the Prince/King (not necesarily true that I MUST go w/ someone although I'd like to, but it may be a first if I go there w/o a date and I won something last year).

They're trying to pair me up w/ someone - not necessarily a bad thing, but it seems weird that everyone says they'll get me a date. Today's target for them, who I would consider going with if it came to that, posed for a pic w/ me while some kid almost "on-cue" took the picture. She even seemed to know what was happening at least a little bit as I remained puzzled lol :*) . I'm just a little confused here.

You're clearly being set up to feature in a highly embarrassing reality show. Relax, enjoy the ride, hope you get royalties, and let us all know what channel it'll be on! :-D

(Actually, the part about relax and enjoy the ride was serious. ;-D )
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Zito is God » Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:44 pm

I wouldn't go for the "set up" thing, more times then not its gonna turn into a siatuation that will make you wish you never went at all. If you are 100% confortable with asking a friend to HC, do it, but keep in mind you are friends so if you see couples like nibbling on each others ears don't do it to your friend cause you think shes hot too. :-) I love Arlo's idea, seems like the way to go. ;-D But seriously, heres how i go: If you feel like you shouldn't ask someone, don't. Because usually that means you are not definite that the answer is YES, and that is what you want. If you find someone you are fairly confident will say yes just ask them casually (if you are getting butterflies in your stomach then its not a sure yes). It'll be fine.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby bucsfan04 » Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:41 pm

Never mind my advice, just found out the thread has been dead for a while.
Last edited by bucsfan04 on Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bucsfan04
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer

Postby so0perspam » Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:42 pm

bucsfan04 wrote:Just discovered this post this morning. I was faced with the same situation earlier in September (our homecoming was early). DaQ, don't be afraid of rejection. So what if she says no? Then you know she doesn't like you and you can move on.

I think this thread was like 9 days dead. :-D
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk