HOMECOMING: Need Help - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

HOMECOMING: Need Help

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby LBJackal » Sun Sep 26, 2004 7:24 pm

hybrid wrote:Can't dance, eh? Is that even a problem now a days? It seems the majority of guys just grind on girls and no "actual" dancing is ever involved. ;-)

That's pretty much the way it works now - thank God for those of us who require a 6 pack before we can actually dance - when really it isn't dancing at all, but we like to think it is :-b The name "Elaine" has come up when describing my style, although they said it wasn't nearly to the same extent. Mostly just the thumbs in the air part :-D

And also, girls seem to like a guy who tries to dance whether or not he actually can. Embarassing yourself is a decent tactic, which I learned at rugby initiation when they made me wear a giant pack of french fries costume to the campus pub. It worked though ;-D

I guess the moral of the story is: if you can't dance, dress up like fast food. If that doesn't work, then ask somebody else for advice.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Sun Sep 26, 2004 8:02 pm

LBJackal wrote:I guess the moral of the story is: if you can't dance, dress up like fast food. If that doesn't work, then ask somebody else for advice.

LOL, I'm thinking I'd take my chances dancing. :-b
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby DaQ » Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:53 pm

I just came up with an idea that I should have thought of a while ago: As I said in my "good news/bad news post", the girl I like now and the girl I used to like are friends. I have the girl I used to like's sn - why not just ask her for it? I can talk to girls decently online - I jusut suck at making a move on them online, so I'll do that part in person.

She (used to like) asked me for someone's sn the other day, so I should be able to get hers (the one I like).

And for Yikes - I didn't get a chance to ask her how her weekend went, but I did talk to her for a little again (we were doing a review sheet for tomorrow's test). I did the old "Hey X (her name), what's the answer to this question" trick.
DaQ
General Manager
General Manager

Postby DaQ » Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:44 pm

***Another Update***

If you read my previous post in this thread (the one right above this), I went through with it and the girl I used to like (the girl I like now's best friend) gave me her sn. Based on how she talked (or IMed), she didn't sound like she said anything that would really kill me in this pursuit.

She did give me words of warining about "X" (girl I like):
1.) She feels me and "X" in a releationship won't work out, maybe because
2.) She said she (herself) is b*tchy and that "X" is even more b*tchy . and
3.) She said "X" may like somebody else and doesn't want there to be any hard feeling between me and "X" in the future if it doesn't work out.

What do u think?

P.S. Any potential big events will have update written largely on top like this one.
DaQ
General Manager
General Manager

Postby JTWood » Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:13 pm

Dude,

No offense, but screw the friend connection. Friends make for an extra problem, and with women, you don't need any more. I tried going through friends before, and all you get is an extra headache.

Remember the saying, there's only one person in the world that's looking out for you, and that's you. Besides, if you don't need a friend to help you out, it makes you appear more confident and less childish.

Lastly, if the friend is talking to you about "X", then she's talking to "X" about you.

You have balls. Use them. Talk to this girl on your own. You'll be much happier in the end.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby pokerplaya » Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:37 pm

Cannot agree more. Girls are complicated enough as it is. If you add another one as your "in" you are making things needlessly more complicated. Go straight to this girl, and see where you stand. At the worst, she turns you down, but at least you had the balls to get in there and give it a shot and now you don't have to waste more time chasing after a girl that is unattainable.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby DaQ » Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:00 pm

I might be smarter than I think and if so, I'm glad that I didn't ask her ("X") to homecoming.

You see, I used the IM name the girl gave me. When I IMed her, "X" or a person that really isn't her replied the following (summed up in blue):

-It is not her. She never heard of the girl that gave me her sn.

Then I asked who she was and if not, I'll just assume it's "X"

-Sounds like the girl giving you the screenname did not want you to talk to "X".

She then blocks me when I'm probably about to solve the "mystery" and I'm in my chair laughing my @$$ off.

What do you think? This is the funniest thing I ever saw if it's true.

Another reason I believe it's her is because her sn has a number - the exact same as her volleyball number.

Good thing I didn't waste too much time talkin' to her na dif this is true, this as I said before is the dumbest thing I ever saw, considering we don't even know each other too well and all I said to her really was "hi!" and "how's volleyball?" - nothing bad in that.

DaQ
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Zito is God » Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:59 pm

Well, if she acts really wierd the next week or so you can probobly assume its her, you should probobly ask SOMEONE thoough, Homecoming is in like a week for us! 8-o

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby DaQ » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:27 pm

Zito is God wrote:Well, if she acts really wierd the next week or so you can probobly assume its her, you should probobly ask SOMEONE thoough, Homecoming is in like a week for us! 8-o

Good luck ZIG! ;-D We got like 2 weeks or so (Oct. 16)
DaQ
General Manager
General Manager

Postby DaQ » Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:13 pm

With around 2 weeks to go, what should I do now (for those who don't know why I don't like ne one at all right now, see the post 3 above this w/ blue writing in it)?

Here are some possible choices (in the order I thought of them):

1.) Just talk to a girl I don't know too well but know a little (and would make a possible gf if it came to that) and see what happens.

2.) My friend's idea: - Just start talking to anyone even if u have no clue who they are - ull get to know them eventually.

3.) Go single - it's not the worst thing in the world, but most people do come w/ a date. Too bad it's the most likely.

4.) Go with a friend that is a girl - In my school, if a guy goes to a dance w/ a girl, even if they are just friends, it's classified as bf/gf. I don't want to use this one.

5.) Really really pray that I "like" a girl shortly - it probably won't happen though unless fate really plays in my favor (unlikely - I've seen everyone I'm probably going to know at least until track season).

6.) Other (if you have an idea)

What would you do? Any help on yet another question is appreciated.
DaQ
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk