100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

First week of college

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby DieHardCubbie » Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:41 am

Good grief, college was a long time ago.... :-/

Good luck with your classes... ;-D
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:00 am

LBJackal wrote:And yeah, they're called prof's. The difference is that teachers give a and profs don't.

I've actually had pretty good luck so far. Most at least act like they care. The TA's are horrible though, I don't know why I even bother sometimes. Maybe if they spoke a word of English that would help. :-? :-D
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Re: First week of college

Postby wrveres » Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:15 pm

eftda wrote:Yhaoo for school, I started College this week, and I'm having a blast. For my first class, my teacher shows up 15 min late and let us out 10 mins early 8-o , so that hour clas became a 35 min class :-D . Its at 8:30 - 9:30, so I'm not 100% awake for it, and I almost fell asleep in class today, so my teacher wakes me up with a tap and (jokingly) says "Man... will I have to do that everyday", and I said "Only if you continue to teach this boring class" and everyone laughs and then the teacher says he likes me. He's by far (so far) the best teacher I've ever had. Now I have to go to the book store and buy my books.

I sure hope its not the english teacher who is showing up late and leaving early ... ;-7
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 641)

Postby Baseballer02 » Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:20 pm

wrveres wrote:
eftda wrote:Yhaoo for school, I started College this week, and I'm having a blast. For my first class, my teacher shows up 15 min late and let us out 10 mins early 8-o , so that hour clas became a 35 min class :-D . Its at 8:30 - 9:30, so I'm not 100% awake for it, and I almost fell asleep in class today, so my teacher wakes me up with a tap and (jokingly) says "Man... will I have to do that everyday", and I said "Only if you continue to teach this boring class" and everyone laughs and then the teacher says he likes me. He's by far (so far) the best teacher I've ever had. Now I have to go to the book store and buy my books.

I sure hope its not the english teacher who is showing up late and leaving early ... ;-7

A wrveres post outside of Politics. Utter insanity!!!
Baseballer02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby wrveres » Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:36 pm

Baseballer02 wrote:
wrveres wrote:

:-?
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 641)

Postby pokerplaya » Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:41 pm

Eftda, enjoy these next four years to the fullest...they quite possibly could be the best four you ever have. Obviously, do well in school but don't study too much...balance a social life and have a good time. I'm finishing up this year with my degree and wish I could start all over again...
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby cafe_58 » Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:41 pm

It's my last year in University. I can't stand it anymore. My scheule is the worst: three 8am classes on Tues, Thurs, and SAT!!!! My stupid management minor has me waking up early on Saturdays, cuz my stupid University can't organize the Universities' resources properly. Believe me, when you're in your last year, you'll probably want out. :-P
cafe_58
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Location: You can find me in da dome, chillin wit Jarome.......

Postby Baseballer02 » Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:37 am

wrveres wrote:
Baseballer02 wrote:
wrveres wrote:

:-?

I rarely see you post outside of the politics forum nowadays.
Baseballer02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:57 am

eftda wrote:So-Far-So-Good. I have a 10:20am class tomorrow, and I'll do my hw when I get up. I have a Giants game to watch tonight. Not alot of girls, but theres one named Michelle whos cool (and hot) whom I am getting to know.

You have no idea what that's like until you're in engineering, it's horrible. :-°

Of course it doesn't help that I'm really shy to begin with, especially around cute girls. :-D
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk