Big Series Time - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Big Series Time

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Big Series Time

Postby Kingsac » Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:22 pm

Its time for those series that matter the most. Two big ones comming up are My A's vs. Texas and SF vs. Hou. I am hoping we can come away from Tex with at least a couple of wins and put Tex officially in their grave. I'm expecting to see some Tex fans really get on our bullpen guys, to try and get them riled up. This should be a great series.

Then across the bay we have SF messin with Hou. I personally would like to see Houston go the the playoffs just to see Clemens do his thing. Either way both series should be really exciting, Im hoping this year finishes as strong as the year has been as a whole.
A's all wAyS
Kingsac
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pgbridge2000 » Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:31 pm

texas is good but there not really in contention persay, so i think the hype that exists in other matchups this week isn't really there
There are 3 ways to do things, the right way, the wrong way, and the Max Power way!
pgbridge2000
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Madison » Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:58 pm

As a Ranger fan, I'm ready to break out the brooms and sweep the A's :-) . That would certainly make the division very, very interesting. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Kingsac » Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:03 pm

Sorry Madison but I don't think a sweep is what is in store for the A's. I think Texas will win one but the rest should fall to the A's, we just have the better pitching and defense. Yeah your offense is better but your now without soriano and the A's are focused. We should come away with 2 wins
A's all wAyS
Kingsac
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Madison » Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:05 pm

Kingsac wrote:Sorry Madison but I don't think a sweep is what is in store for the A's. I think Texas will win one but the rest should fall to the A's, we just have the better pitching and defense. Yeah your offense is better but your now without soriano and the A's are focused. We should come away with 2 wins

We'll see. :-D

The Rangers need a sweep. Anything less, and we're in serious trouble. Should definitely be fun to watch though. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BigBlue » Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:11 pm

Hey Madison......

Who if anyone, do you see the Rangers going after in the off-season? I mean, you have plenty of hitting, but what about SP??

Also, I'm hoping and praying that the Giants take at least 2 from the 3 game set.
BigBlue
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 17)

Postby Madison » Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:20 pm

BigBlue wrote:Hey Madison......

Who if anyone, do you see the Rangers going after in the off-season? I mean, you have plenty of hitting, but what about SP??

They will take a look at anyone that's availible. Knowing my Rangers, they might try to cheap their way out of it, but I'm hoping that they stick to their word that they are going after a #1 starter. If we had a clear cut #1 starter, the division would have already been ours this year.

As to exact names, the Rangers have been pretty quiet about it since we've been in the race this year. Names should start coming up in the next few weeks and of course, I'll pass them along to the Cafe'. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby pgbridge2000 » Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:46 pm

I'm thinking that with the arod salary dump and the arod failure they are going to try to pick up a cheap pitcher who is good so that they look like their trying at all costs to build a competitive team but won't cost them too much.
There are 3 ways to do things, the right way, the wrong way, and the Max Power way!
pgbridge2000
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Kingsac » Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:27 pm

Man Mulder got smashed with that Granny. Well as long as we can come away with 2 of 3 I'll be happy. Good to see Anaheim still can't be the ferocious Mariners!

Zito do your thang
A's all wAyS
Kingsac
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Madison » Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:39 pm

One down two to go for my Rangers. :-) We win tonight, and the A's will feel some pressure. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers