for 2nd year in a row - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

for 2nd year in a row

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

for 2nd year in a row

Postby jbones733 » Mon Sep 20, 2004 6:46 pm

i have been elmintated in the 2nd rd of playoffs, last year by my biggest rival, this year my brother, man it hurts , 8-9 months of analyzing & i lose after my bye, want to thank all of tyou guys who helpd out during the year, im off to vclean out the lockers & prepare for winter, only 5 months til spring trainging

my final team

Competitive, 14 TEAMS H2H league 9x9 (TRIPLES, HOLDS,ETC, ETC) NON KEEPER

C B Molina, 1B Konerko, 2B M Giles SS R Furcal, 3B H Blalock, LF M Cabrera, CF C Figgins, RF V Guerrero
OF Kearns, UT Burrell, J.T Snow, B Podsednik, Klesko
SP Schmidt, C Zambrano, F Garcia, R Harden, J Beckett, N Lowry
RP J Frasor, Takatsu, F, Fransisco, L Ayala, J Brower, Wickman
jbones733
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby logan » Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:52 pm

im right there with ya. i lost on a tie to era after my first week bye. thanks to mr prior who the week before had a great game last week sucked this week surprise 7.2 ip's 1er 9k's. (not to mention jaret wright and ollie perez finally getting lit up). :~(
logan
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby pgbridge2000 » Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:55 pm

This year i got lucky I eliminated my brother 2nd but I'm getting murdered in the championship by a good friend
There are 3 ways to do things, the right way, the wrong way, and the Max Power way!
pgbridge2000
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby TownDrunk » Tue Sep 21, 2004 12:50 am

Been there, done that. I'm kicking myself for not starting Lowry. He could have pushed me over the top :-t

[b]25[/b]
TownDrunk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Web Supporter

Postby raiders_umpire » Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:52 am

yep i know what u mean..my team won the regular season title by 32 games and then i get beat out last week 5-5 as i lost era with my pitchers prior, wright, and ollie taking a beating....this killed my era and i lost the tiebreaker......but to top it off shawn greens HR sunday in the 9th inning was what killed me as that put my opponent one over me in hrs......grrrrrrr would have won if not for that hr.....but oh well that is fantasy baseball
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:23 am

Lots of tragic stories in H2H leagues. My pitching sunk me all year, so my demise was expected. !+)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Nerfherders » Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:01 pm

I have been okay with H2H this year, but it was a scrap to get in the playoffs. The public league was brutal, because I usually clean up in those. This year I barely made the playoffs, but now Im in the championship game by tieing in the second round and winning ERA.
Its basically been 4 weeks of playoffs for me, as I was in 7th place in the last two weeks of the regular season and had to scramble. I made the playoffs by half a game.

In the Winners League I finished second in the regular season and made it to the championship. The league that I lost was tough all year so I dont mind it. Just happy to have made two championships. Hopefully I can win one! I havent won a winners league yet.
Nerfherders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: 4)

Postby The Jury » Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:16 pm

I lost 8-7 in my first-week playoff game riding some really cold bats, only to have my team pop 17 homeruns and all the peripherals that go with 'em the week after.

The law of averages played itself out, but with poor timing :-P
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Postby slomo007 » Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:08 pm

For these reasons alone, roto is better. At least one bad week in roto won't eliminate you from the hunt...it may hurt your chances, but won't eliminate you.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Arlo » Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:19 am

slomo007 wrote:For these reasons alone, roto is better. At least one bad week in roto won't eliminate you from the hunt...it may hurt your chances, but won't eliminate you.

After the week I just went through, I'm not so sure about that... :-o
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers