Sorry it took so long to repsond. We talked back in February-March.
We need a system to level the playing field or else everyone will just pick hitters from the 1920s-30s or post 1994 and all the dead-ball era pitchers (can anyone use a 40 game winner with 50 CGs and a 1.50 ERA?)
I had some ideas in the above thread listed.
1) Use win shares to score a league. But add a twist. We randomly select a player's season so if one picks Babe Ruth they won't necessarily get his best seasons.
This is just one idea
Here another form the previous thread:
I'd be glad to join in, and I have an idea.
On Whatfisports.com, you can make a dream team from different sports, so heres what we could do:
1. Do the draft here
2. Create our teams on Whatifsports.com, using any season we want from each player's career
3. Create a schedule for teams to play each other
4. Each week, the home team of each matchup (decided when the schedules are made) simululates 3 games against the team he is facing (like the average MLB series).
5. We play three weeks against each team, so if its 12 teams it comes out to a 33-week regular season, with 99 games played in total.
6. The top half of the teams make it to the playoffs
7. Top two teams get a bye
8. The final series, the World Series, is the same as the MLB one, with the first team to win 4 games as the winner
The standings could be kept here...just an idea, if anyone has any suggestions or alterations to that, let them be known
I'm am certainly open to other ideas.
Last edited by LCBOY on Tue Sep 21, 2004 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.