my league might change format next year , advice or info - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

my league might change format next year , advice or info

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

my league might change format next year , advice or info

Postby Daman2003 » Sat Sep 18, 2004 11:14 am

Right now i play in an 11 team 5X5 roto leauge. the cats. are. Hitting = Avg , HR , Runs , RBI , SB and pitching = ERA , INN , SV , K , WINS.

We might add another team next year. but there is also talk about making it a six by six league. they want to add. OBP. for the hitters and also want to add WHIP for pitchers. How would this affect how i would draft ? . would it be harder or just the same ? . also my idea was to take INN pitched away and just replace it with WHIP . any thoughts on that ? . i just would like some info on what some people think. its only my second year in fantasy baseball and i just started grasping the 5X5 style and now they want to change. would appreciate any help or info that you can provide. thank you in advance. all info is appreciated. also if anyone knows of any sites where i can get any info from on the subject can you please leave the address for me. thank you once again.
Daman2003 Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby raiders_umpire » Sat Sep 18, 2004 11:26 am

well to answer one of your questions the best place to get advice and info is http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com............

and yes if i was u, i would be pushin to eliminate INN pitched as a category...i would suggest putting a innings limit in and going with whip...as whip is one of the 5x5 normal categories anyways..... if yaw end up going 6x6 ops is a good 6th category and for pitching i have always like K/B.......but definitely push to eliminate innings pitched as a category......

as far as getting easier or harder, i would think it would be a whole lot easier drafting if u do eliminate innings pitched and put in a innings pitched limit.....as that way u dont have to worry about picking the bensons, v zambranos and other bottom tier pitchers just to eat up innings......in fact if u go with the normal innings pitched limit(1250 innings), you would really only need about 4 or maybe 5 SP and 4 RP to almost meet your innings pitched.....
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Arlo » Sat Sep 18, 2004 4:44 pm

I'm with the ump as far as innings as a category goes: I much prefer IP limits, both max and min, than rewarding those who pile up IPs.

I'm not sure I'd add OBP, since you'll wind up with duplication with the average category. Why not just replace average with OBP and substitute WHIP for innings, allowing you to use the categories you want to introduce while staying with a 5x5 format?

All just a matter of taste, of course - there's no right or wrong here. :-)
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Viper8437 » Sat Sep 18, 2004 4:52 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:as that way u dont have to worry about picking the bensons, v zambranos and other bottom tier pitchers just to eat up innings

wow:-t

someone doesnt liek the mets
and i know that besons complte game shutout against atlanta was just terrible :-D
reyes is my homeboy
Viper8437
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby ocmusicjunkie » Sat Sep 18, 2004 5:23 pm

I can kind of see what your league is trying to do by having the IP stat, but it just doesn't work in fantasy. IP/start would make perfect sense, but I don't know of any websites that offer that as a catagory.

I say dump IP and add WHIP. Then, if you really want to make it a 6x6, add K/BB and OBP. ;-D
Help please:
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1086524#1086524

Harden- 2.15 ERA, 7.61 K/9
Peavy - 2.89 ERA, 10.10 K/9

[b]Lets go Rich![/b]
ocmusicjunkie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby raiders_umpire » Sat Sep 18, 2004 6:52 pm

Viper8437 wrote:
raiders_umpire wrote:as that way u dont have to worry about picking the bensons, v zambranos and other bottom tier pitchers just to eat up innings

wow:-t

someone doesnt liek the mets
and i know that besons complte game shutout against atlanta was just terrible :-D

nah i really dont have hard feelings for any teams and i also didnot realize i put 2 mets pitchers in there how about v zambrano and j thompson...anyways u understood what i was getting at.. :-D :-D
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bleach168 » Sun Sep 19, 2004 1:02 am

I agree with Arlo. OBP is a superior to BA anyday.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 16)

Return to Baseball Leftovers