trade deadlines, what do you have in your league? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

trade deadlines, what do you have in your league?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

trade deadlines, what do you have in your league?

Postby timkell » Fri Aug 09, 2002 9:10 pm

I'm in a CBS league, where the deadline was right around the official trade deadline. I wish I knew this before the league started. This take much of the excitement out of August! I've had some great picks off the waiver wire lately, but I'd still prefer to be working some trades for the home stretch!

What do you guys have, and does anyone have actually prefer an earlier deadline?

We are playing fantasy, after all. It may as well be wheeling and dealing for as long as possible.

Thoughts?
timkell
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Arlo » Fri Aug 09, 2002 9:40 pm

Good question. I don't think there's a cut-and dried answer, though. I agree that while following the official deadline might add to realism, it takes a bit of the fun out of the stretch drive. In single season leagues, there usually isn't that much of a need for a deadline of any kind, but keeper leagues are trickier. Sometime around the end of August is usually a decent solution in order to avoid salary dumping of the kind that can badly hurt a league, but an earlier deadline might be a good idea for leagues where such veteran-for-prospect deals are very common.

In my own keeper league, we use September 1, which is just about the latest date where a deadline still makes sense.
Last edited by Arlo on Sat Aug 10, 2002 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SirStanley » Fri Aug 09, 2002 10:58 pm

I play in 3 ESPN leagues and the deadline is August 23rd. I think anytime around the end of august is a good way to go.
SirStanley
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby ntremain23 » Sun Aug 11, 2002 1:14 pm

Yea I have to agree with timkell.I hate trade deadlines,it really takes the fun away from playing.Trading is by far the funnest thing about fantasy baseball,to me.I think no trade deadline is alot better for all fantasy sports.
N Tremain
ntremain23

Return to Baseball Leftovers