Time for some Yahoo bashing - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Time for some Yahoo bashing

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby hybrid » Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:16 am

great gretzky wrote:fantasy sports for yahoo are a "loss leader" and don't kid yourself. there is no way they make enough on advertising to offset the amount of bandwidth and employee costs to run these games. I am quite happy with yahoo, considering.

Seriously I think your wrong. I doubt they pay much if anything for customer service. I would go as far as saying most of it is just a computer sending a reply based on the certain things you mark while sending in the complaint. Ex. "what are you writing about? .. scoring" Then all it does is send out what it knows that is wrong. It doesn't give you a good answer at all most of the time.

I think you might be kidding youself if you don't think big comapnies like EA for a sports game don't pay a good amount of money to advertise. Yahoo is for the most part a free site, they make most of their money on advertising.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:41 am

Well, I'll admit that Yahoo's player updates are pretty slow and not on any type of schedule that I can figure out. There were also a few issues with Stat Tracker this year too :-/ .

As to everything else, I've had no problems. I've sent them emails before and gotten replies that actually answered my question at the time, so even their customer service seems fine to me. Oh well, one of those things I guess. :-°
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby mtarail » Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:51 am

great gretzky wrote:fantasy sports for yahoo are a "loss leader" and don't kid yourself. there is no way they make enough on advertising to offset the amount of bandwidth and employee costs to run these games. I am quite happy with yahoo, considering.

My thought on it is, the lack of call ups effect everyone equally. If you are depending on that at this point, you definitely aren't winning.

You also have to remember that this is also the start of football season, as much as we hate to admit it, a fantasy sport that blows ours away in populatrity.

the facts are, for the price and manpower, putting a few insignificant september callups in there aren't worht the cost benefit analysis as making sure football is on the up and up.

100% agreed. If you've got beef, there are pay sites you can use...
Bluto: Over? Did you say over? NOTHING is over until WE decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL, NO!
Otter: Germans?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
mtarail
General Manager
General Manager

Postby hybrid » Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:57 pm

They must of heard all the bitching, just added 4 call-ups:

D. McPherson
J. Reed
J. Capellan
N. Swisher