Time for some Yahoo bashing - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Time for some Yahoo bashing

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Time for some Yahoo bashing

Postby thehat » Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:23 pm

They still haven't added the early September callups. Even by Yahoo's less than lofty track record on adding new major leaguers, this is pathetic.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby strats36 » Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:32 pm

Yahoo's answer:

How much are you paying for your team? :-)

That does suck though.
strats36
College Coach
College Coach

Postby josebach » Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:33 pm

What callup could possibly be more valuable than the free agents already available? Maybe they assume (like I would) that anybody who would actually play a callup this late in the season has already been eliminated from the playoffs. :-b
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby hybrid » Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:33 pm

It all depends on the league and it's size, so you can't just assume a sept. call up isn't worth anything.

And it isn't even that, it's just the basics when some place such as Yahoo! is doing a service, that it should be done promptly in some type of efficient manner. Otherwise people don't have good experiences and won't care to return. I guess you could bring up the whole it's free thing, but they still make money off of it cause it brings people to the site and they sell ad space there also.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby perlick29 » Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:40 pm

Good point Hybrid. Although this has actually slipped my attention because let's face it: There aren't a whole bunch of guys worth remembering in this year's september callups.

Still- shame on Yahoo!
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby josebach » Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:47 pm

Here you get hours upon hours upon hours of entertainment... FOR FREE and people are still so inclined to start threads like "Time for some Yahoo bashing". Instead of being grateful that they offer a site that we can all enjoy for FREE while other websites are charging over $100, people have to bitch and complain.

What would I do? I'd e-mail Yahoo and ask them when call ups will be available. What I wouldn't do is go to a public forum and trash a web-site that offers for free what so many others are charging for.

Cry me a river. Play somewhere else next year.
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby perlick29 » Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:52 pm

josebach wrote:Here you get hours upon hours upon hours of entertainment... FOR FREE and people are still so inclined to start threads like "Time for some Yahoo bashing". Instead of being grateful that they offer a site that we can all enjoy for FREE while other websites are charging over $100, people have to bitch and complain.

What would I do? I'd e-mail Yahoo and ask them when call ups will be available. What I wouldn't do is go to a public forum and trash a web-site that offers for free what so many others are charging for.

I'm not sure that show of emotion was warranted. People can say what they want. Mant of play high money leagues like myself, and feel the need to vent a bit, which these guys weren't doing in a very abrasive way anyway. It's ok to be mad Jose but still please try not to direct it at us, as that was a bit unwarranted. Oh and don't get snooty. :^ Woah, I finally used that emoticon. COOL! Sorry, no offense Jose.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby josebach » Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:58 pm

perlick29 wrote:
josebach wrote:Here you get hours upon hours upon hours of entertainment... FOR FREE and people are still so inclined to start threads like "Time for some Yahoo bashing". Instead of being grateful that they offer a site that we can all enjoy for FREE while other websites are charging over $100, people have to bitch and complain.

I'm not sure that show of emotion was warranted. People can say what they want. Mant of play high money leagues like myself, and feel the need to vent a bit, which these guys weren't doing in a very abrasive way anyway. It's ok to be mad Jose but still please try not to direct it at us, as that was a bit unwarranted. Oh and don't get snooty. :^ Woah, I finally used that emoticon. COOL! Sorry, no offense Jose.

The "cry me a river" comment was a bit snooty... sorry about that. I just get tired of all these Yahoo bashing threads. I can't believe how ungrateful some people are. I don't even think Yahoo limits the number of leagues you can have. You can play 10 leagues for absolutely nothing, and people bitch about it.

Think about it. What's more productive? Trashing Yahoo on a public forum or contacting Yahoo and offering suggestions so that they can make the site better next year?

For whatever reason, people think it's "Cool" to bash Yahoo and I'm tired of nobody sticking up for them. ESPECIALLY bitching about something so insignificant as September call-ups.
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby perlick29 » Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:04 pm

I think many of us recognize that we wouldn't be able to do some of the things we do without it and at the core, we appreciate it. Statracker is something I have to pay for though, and that's really where the source of my complaints lie. Nonetheless, only another 3 weeks or so and then you wont have to worry about hearing Yahoo coplaints anymore, while the rest of us will realize how much we miss fantasy baseball already.

Mock drafts here I come...
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

Postby hybrid » Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:07 pm

E-mail Yahoo? I see you haven't had much experience with the people at Yahoo yet. :-b Seriously though, in time you will realize that to e-mail Yahoo is to sit on your a$$ and do nothing.

BTW Yahoo limits 4 teams per Yahoo ID
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers