Looper or Nunez - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Looper or Nunez

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Looper or Nunez

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 09, 2002 11:19 am

Looper has been getting most of the save chances. Who should I choose Nunez or Looper for the rest of the year?

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Arlo » Fri Aug 09, 2002 8:02 pm

You're not the only one who is uncertain about what the Marlins plan to do with their relief staff. Nunez' health might be an issue here, but on the whole, I think he'll have a bit more value than Looper, who I simply don't see as closer material, at least not in the near future. I've seen opinions to the contrary, though, and Florida's long-term plans are a complete mystery, it seems, making this a very tough call right now.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

would I be better off with Osuna?

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 11, 2002 6:21 pm

Should I take Osuna? Is he more likely to get saves than Nunez or Looper?

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Arlo » Sun Aug 11, 2002 6:26 pm

Osuna's value is similar to that of Nunez, but Osuna has to contend with not only Foulke, but Marte as well. Anything can still happen here, but I'd go with Nunez.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby EugeneStyles » Mon Aug 12, 2002 6:15 pm

Truthfully, none of the three have much value as a good closer. If you're far behind in Saves, and have only these three to choose from, consider punting and just going for Wins. If circumstances dictate that you try to get some more Saves (like maybe you're way ahead in Wins, or just 2 or 3 Saves away from picking up a place in the standings), then I think Nunez may be the way to go.

Better would be trading with a team that has an extra closer. But if you have to, just pick up Nunez and be ready to drop him in a flash if either Osuna or Looper makes a move.
EugeneStyles
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Return to Baseball Leftovers