Got my first speeding ticket yesterday - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Got my first speeding ticket yesterday

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Got my first speeding ticket yesterday

Postby pokerplaya » Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:45 pm

Rirruto wrote:I was doing 75 in a 55 while driving to school (Binghamton) and did not see the cop at all. Got a ticket but I mailed in pleading not guilty because alot of my friends have done that and get the case dismissed because the cop didn't show up or somebody else gives you a lesser charge if it's your first offense. Does anyone have any experience with this or tips on how to do go about my court date? I live in NY by the way.

I'm at school there too...so where'd you get nailed, so I know where to be extra careful...thanks.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Rirruto » Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:21 pm

On Vestal Parkway on the strip of highway where all the trees are and no street lights. My friends call it the Dark Side.
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Fireball Express » Sat Sep 18, 2004 12:06 am

Ah, telling stories of getting pulled over!

First off it's only a ticket. At least you were not drunk, endangering your's and every other driver on the road's life. Just slow it down. So you get there a few minutes later. In the days of my youth I used to speed every where. As a result I have my share of cop stories and getting away without a ticket

The first time I got pulled over I was doing about 80 in a 55. The State Trooper followed me for about 2 miles, lights on and I didn't even realize it. He asked me why I didn't stop and didn't I see him in my rear view mirror. I said, "Rear view mirror? I don't care who's in back of me, I'm in a rush. I have to unload a truck down at Malibu and if I'm late it will leave." He said," Well what would you like me to do?" I promised to take it down a notch and he let me go.

I actually got a date out of being pulled over once. I was driving home from a college fraternity pledge meeting when I was tailgating a car. I was pulled over by a cute blonde female cop. She asked why I was tailgating. I told her I was trying to read the car's license plate frame (which I was). She then gave me a soberiety test which I passed. Then she asked me to say the alphabet. I recited the Greek alphabet since it was ingrained in my mind from the pledge meeting. I appologized and we both laughed a little. She told me I could go and to be careful. I asked her if she wanted to catch a drink this weekend. We didn't live happily ever after, but I did get some!
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Tavish » Sat Sep 18, 2004 12:17 am

So the moral of the story is, if you are pulled over by a woman police officer, compliment her rack and you might get off.

badda boom

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Fireball Express » Sat Sep 18, 2004 12:20 am

I was intrigued by her handcuffs. :-D
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

Postby LBJackal » Sat Sep 18, 2004 2:46 am

Tavish wrote:So the moral of the story is, if you are pulled over by a woman police officer, compliment her rack and you might get off.

badda boom

:-b

I should have thought of that when I got pulled over. She was about 30 and I was 17, and she wasn't that hot..... but hey, I was 17, no time to be picky :-D

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby nsulham » Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:40 pm

Got out of my first ticket about 6 years ago. My mom has MAD connections around town, including a friend of hers whose husband is on the force. I fought it and got a trial set up.

I showed, and the officer who pulled me over never did. That's because my mom's friend's husband put in a good word for me and the guy agreed not to show.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Kingsac » Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:07 pm

When I show up to court to fight a ticket there is never a court fee. Just fight the ticket, the worst is you pay the fine, or if the judge is cool he will lower your speed and reduce the fine. Best scenario the law dog doesn't show and you get off scott free. So just fight it its your right, plus its fun to listen to other people complain and bitch in court. The best are when girls start crying or when some guy thinks he is a lawyer and acts a fool.
A's all wAyS
Kingsac
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Rirruto » Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:18 pm

Thanks for all the advice guys. I'm going to postpone my court date in hopes that the officer doesnt show to the next one, and if he does, he will probably not even remember me and not have much of a case against me. Thanks again ;-D
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Previous

Return to General Talk