Finding spyware on the computer? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Finding spyware on the computer?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:43 pm

Payne Dailey wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:I have a nice registry cleaner if anyone is interested. Just shoot me a PM. :-)


crap cleaner?


Huh?? No comprendo.
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23698
(Past Year: 11)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Postby SHOCKandAWE » Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:29 pm

I just downloaded Spyware Doctor and paid the 29.95 yearly subscription. Was this a good choice and will it catch all the stuff out there?
Image
SHOCKandAWE
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3522
Joined: 8 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pennsylvania

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:19 pm

SHOCKandAWE wrote:I just downloaded Spyware Doctor and paid the 29.95 yearly subscription. Was this a good choice and will it catch all the stuff out there?


I always liked Spyware Doctor but can't you get it for free here??

http://www.download.com/Spyware-Doctor/ ... 77263.html
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23698
(Past Year: 11)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Postby SHOCKandAWE » Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:46 am

Lofunzo wrote:
SHOCKandAWE wrote:I just downloaded Spyware Doctor and paid the 29.95 yearly subscription. Was this a good choice and will it catch all the stuff out there?


I always liked Spyware Doctor but can't you get it for free here??

http://www.download.com/Spyware-Doctor/ ... 77263.html


I think that the subscription is more for the live updates???

Darn I knew i should have checked here first before i gave them my credit card :-P
Image
SHOCKandAWE
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3522
Joined: 8 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pennsylvania

Postby Half Massed » Sat Jul 02, 2005 2:44 pm

i posted this site elsewhere, but it's a very thorough step by step guide to getting rid of all types of spyware. following it got rid of everything on my computer. turns out there was a lot of stuff adaware and spybot had missed 8-o

http://theflyingpenguin.com/spyware-removal.shtml

here's the link if you still have some problems or want to know how to do a complete sweep.
Image
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 4084
Joined: 27 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Busting ghosts

Postby Lofunzo » Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:42 pm

SHOCKandAWE wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
SHOCKandAWE wrote:I just downloaded Spyware Doctor and paid the 29.95 yearly subscription. Was this a good choice and will it catch all the stuff out there?


I always liked Spyware Doctor but can't you get it for free here??

http://www.download.com/Spyware-Doctor/ ... 77263.html


I think that the subscription is more for the live updates???

Darn I knew i should have checked here first before i gave them my credit card :-P


You can never go wrong with going legit but if you need any programs, just give me a shot out and a day or 2. ;-)
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23698
(Past Year: 11)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:59 pm

Half Massed wrote:i posted this site elsewhere, but it's a very thorough step by step guide to getting rid of all types of spyware. following it got rid of everything on my computer. turns out there was a lot of stuff adaware and spybot had missed 8-o

http://theflyingpenguin.com/spyware-removal.shtml

here's the link if you still have some problems or want to know how to do a complete sweep.

I tried this out the other day, and I didn't find anything that I didn't find just doing my normal (OCD-like :*)) spyware scans, which I guess is a good thing. It's a pretty good site to just look around though, so thanks. ;-D
Image
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker
Posts: 6480
Joined: 6 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Swiping second

Postby WharfRat » Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:45 pm

If you go to http://www.trendmicro.com, they have a program that has been effective for me in the past.
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 3056
Joined: 27 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Walking my fish

Postby PlayingWithFire » Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:59 pm

people in this website really helped me big time by removing the Aurora Spyware. I am still thanking them ;-D


http://www.geekstogo.com
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13262
Joined: 7 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Manhattan, KS

Previous

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Thursday, Jul. 31
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Chi White Sox at Detroit
(1:08 pm)
Colorado at Chi Cubs
(2:20 pm)
St. Louis at San Diego
(3:40 pm)
Philadelphia at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Seattle at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
LA Angels at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Cincinnati at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Toronto at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Minnesota at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at Arizona
(9:40 pm)
Atlanta at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact