Texas/Oakland game. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Texas/Oakland game.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Madison » Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:59 pm

Yeah, I saw the pic. Personal opinion (and off the record) she does not appear to be a very nice person (basically, she appears to be a word similar to witch, but put in the "B" instead of the "w". :-D ). Even that doesn't excuse what Frankie did though. Frankie was wrong, plain and simple (unless of course, something was thrown at him first, but there's zero talk of anything like that happening).

As to Buck, I know he's embarrassed by this. Yes, he has said in every article that I've read that the fans went over the line and he requested extra security, but he hasn't once said anything to defend Frankie's actions and I doubt that he does.

I think Hicks wants to keep this as quiet as possible. Like you said about Buck, I think Hicks wants damage control and will do what he needs to in order to please the player's association and try to keep them quiet and just let it go. It is possible to do, don't forget that Sasaki walked away from $9 million with Seattle this last offseason without much press.

Now if Frankie ends up in a courtroom trial, there's no stopping as to how much press this will get. :-/
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pomplona's finest » Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:26 pm

Wow fransisco certainly deserves a punishment. Your right mad she does look like an angry biatch, but I don't see how she would have deserved a chair to the face no matter how much any fans were heckling Fransisco.
[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]

AKA IRON CHEF

Member #5 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
pomplona's finest
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:32 pm

I just saw the clip again and IMHO, there is no way that he was trying to throw it at those people and hit those people. There was too much of a scuffle going on. Either way, I don't care what was thrown or said, it is inexcuseable. Here's a link. Just click Tempers Flare:

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/ ... &fext=.jsp

As for her being nice or a witch, I didn't see any pics of her before the incident and I will guarantee you that I wouldn't be happy after getting my nose broken by a chair. ;-)
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:42 pm

Lofunzo wrote:I just saw the clip again and IMHO, there is no way that he was trying to throw it at those people and hit those people. There was too much of a scuffle going on. Either way, I don't care what was thrown or said, it is inexcuseable. Here's a link. Just click Tempers Flare:

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/ ... &fext=.jsp

As for her being nice or a witch, I didn't see any pics of her before the incident and I will guarantee you that I wouldn't be happy after getting my nose broken by a chair. ;-)

Nice link Lo (what are you, helpful link guy today?) thanks.

I agree that the woman looks nasty, but she also looks punch drunk from a chair shot to the face.

Frankie definitely threw it overhead trying to hit the fan. The fact that he was aiming at someone else matters not at all. If he hit the guy that was heckling him then Frankie would be able to plead that he was provoked - but his bad aim costs him here because he hit the wrong person.

In Canada there are strict limits on how much a person can collect in a personal injury case. For a broken nose she would get max $50K with some more thrown in for punitive damages. The only way that she could get more is if the broken nose cost her money (eg. if she was a model or an actress and lost work because of the busted up schnoz - but that woman ain't no model). Too bad he didn't do that last week when they were playing the Jays because there is basically no limit on what she can ask for in the States. Personal injury litigation is way out of control in the State. Too bad Frankie.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)

Postby Rico The Retard » Tue Sep 14, 2004 6:10 pm

now i know everyone is going to be against me and still i think what francisco did was wrong and should be arrested but man some of those oakland fans would deserve a chair in their face ive been to a couple of oakland games and they are the worst fans ever they boo something doesnt go there way.
fgfdsgdsfdasfd

"Hey honey, ya think KFC's still open"-Will Ferrell

Mark my words: Oliver Perez will be 2005 NL Cy Young Winner
Rico The Retard
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Madison » Tue Sep 14, 2004 6:26 pm

Thanks for the link Lo. ;-D

I don't think he was trying to injure the (lady ;-7 ), but he did throw the chair into the stands and should be held responsible for those actions.

And Pomp, I didn't say she deserved it. I just said she appears to be a "w"itch. I'm sure we all know someone who looks just like her, and I'm sure none of them are very nice people. I know a (lady ;-7 ) who looks just like her and she's a huge "w"itch. Still doesn't mean she deserves a chair to the face, even though I've thought about it a few times. Lol. :-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to General Talk