Texas/Oakland game. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Texas/Oakland game.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Texas/Oakland game.

Postby Baseballer02 » Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:17 am

Not sure who the player was that did it, but whoever it was that threw that friggin chair into the stands, hitting an innocent lady in the damn face, needs to be put in jail. Watching what happend just makes me absolutely livid, and it's really gonna put a hurt in the sport of baseball, IMO.
Baseballer02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kingsac » Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:35 pm

I agree, I think taunting players is part of the game. Having been to countless home A's games I can tell you the crowd can be really mean, but none the less players can't go into the crowd, they can talk back but they can't enter the crowd or start throwing punches. They definatly can't throw chairs. I hope he gets a 1yr suspension and he goes to jail.
A's all wAyS
Kingsac
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:45 pm

Frank Francisco was alreaded arrested:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylc=X ... &type=lgns
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Madison » Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:09 pm

As a Ranger fan, I have to agree that Frankie Francisco appears to be way out of line on this one, deserves whatever punishment he is given, and is embarrasing for Ranger fans. :-/

I keep hoping to hear that maybe someone threw something at the players in the bullpen first, but it doesn't seem like that's going to be the case. Seems this is going to fall squarely on Frankie Francisco's shoulders. Very poor decision on his part to throw a chair in the stands. :-/
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:22 pm

Madison wrote:As a Ranger fan, I have to agree that Frankie Francisco appears to be way out of line on this one, deserves whatever punishment he is given, and is embarrasing for Ranger fans. :-/

I keep hoping to hear that maybe someone threw something at the players in the bullpen first, but it doesn't seem like that's going to be the case. Seems this is going to fall squarely on Frankie Francisco's shoulders. Very poor decision on his part to throw a chair in the stands. :-/

I would also hope that someone in the stands did/threw something to get it this out of hand but I can't see anything that was said or done to warrant him throwing a chair into the stands. Looks like the FA pitcher money is going to that woman.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:25 pm

I haven't found anything either Lo :-/ . I've pretty well resigned myself to the fact that Frankie make a very poor decision and should suffer whatever punishment and/or fines, jail time, etc, that he is given for his actions. :-/
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:27 pm

Madison wrote:I haven't found anything either Lo :-/ . I've pretty well resigned myself to the fact that Frankie make a very poor decision and should suffer whatever punishment and/or fines, jail time, etc, that he is given for his actions. :-/

You know what's terrible?? You know that the MLBPA will jump in and appeal whatever happens to him and, in this instance, they should just step aside. They always say that they have the player's best interests in mind but, in this instance, the best thing for him would be to take his medicine and learn a lesson.
Lofunzo

Postby Madison » Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:33 pm

Lofunzo wrote:You know what's terrible?? You know that the MLBPA will jump in and appeal whatever happens to him and, in this instance, they should just step aside. They always say that they have the player's best interests in mind but, in this instance, the best thing for him would be to take his medicine and learn a lesson.

This will sound nuts, but I'd bet that Buck Showalter has already told him to be a man and take whatever punishment is given out. Buck is a stand up guy, a good leader, and I think if in fact Frankie is 100% responsible for this (it sure seems that way), Buck has already torn that kid a new one and told him how it's going to be. Along with telling Hicks to keep the player's union out of it.

I could be wrong, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:36 pm

Madison wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:You know what's terrible?? You know that the MLBPA will jump in and appeal whatever happens to him and, in this instance, they should just step aside. They always say that they have the player's best interests in mind but, in this instance, the best thing for him would be to take his medicine and learn a lesson.

This will sound nuts, but I'd bet that Buck Showalter has already told him to be a man and take whatever punishment is given out. Buck is a stand up guy, a good leader, and I think if in fact Frankie is 100% responsible for this (it sure seems that way), Buck has already torn that kid a new one and told him how it's going to be. Along with telling Hicks to keep the player's union out of it.

I could be wrong, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

You are right about Buck but I'm not so sure. I just heard on sports talk radio in NY that he already made a call to the league about how bad security was. Looks like damage control to me. :-? And I don't see how you can tell the MLBPA to stay out of it. Especially an owner. They just love to stick their noses into it, especially when it is to spite an owner.
Lofunzo

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:46 pm

This pic was just posted in another thread:

Lofunzo

Next

Return to General Talk