No playoffs for me - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

No playoffs for me

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

No playoffs for me

Postby colt4523 » Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:05 pm

Anybody else just got eliminated from the playoff pitcher this week? I had to win my h2h matchup this week and I was in but my team just so happened to have their worst performance of the year. My downfall this week was Hudson and Vazquez terrible starts plus a rained out start from jaret wright and smoltz's blown save :,-( I ended up loosing by 10 pts. There is some more proof that h2h has a lot of luck to it. What a real crappy year with too many injuries for my team. Halladay, Nomar Maggs, Becktt and a terrible second half for Vazquez. I guess it is never too early to start prepartion for next year. Picking my 3 keepers is going to be a pain too.
Good luck to whoever is still in it. This message board definitely helped a lot. Too bad the fantasy gods were not kind to me this year.
colt4523
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 83)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Arlo » Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:21 am

Sorry to hear that, colt. Not much you can do with those awful starts dragging you down... :-/
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby AcidRock23 » Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:38 am

Man, I feel for you, I'm on pins and needles this AM as am neck and neck w/ my H2H matchup this week, had a monster day yesterday...and so did he. Vazquez shot me in the foot too...as well as Carpenter's less than typical outing. I'm too cheap for StatTracker though so I have to wait for Yahoo to update crap. I considered checking manually last pm but elected to veg out w/ MrsAcidRock after a long day of baseball/ football/ remote abuse....

hmm, I CAN think about keepers though....hmmmm.....
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby Madison » Mon Sep 13, 2004 10:27 am

Sorry to hear about your defeat. :-/

My downfall in my H2H league was drafting Zito/Morris to lead my pitching squad. :-o Oh, and of course, Zito had a great performance yesterday. Figures. :-[
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby LCBOY » Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:30 am

Madison wrote:Sorry to hear about your defeat. :-/

My downfall in my H2H league was drafting Zito/Morris to lead my pitching squad. :-o Oh, and of course, Zito had a great performance yesterday. Figures. :-[

How's this one...I drafted Prior/Beckett/Padilla. I fully expected about 50 wins from those three. Instead I got about 6 months worth of DL time. :~(

However, I made the playoffs and just beat the #3 team last week. I'm playing the #2 team this week. What carried me so far is my offense. ;-D
LCBOY
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ocmusicjunkie » Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:38 am

I finished 9th in my main yahoo league... out of 12 teams.

That's what you get when Prior, Hudson and Wagner were supposed to lead your pitching staff. And Maggs was supposed to be your MVP. :~(

It's sad too. In my other three leagues, I finished 2nd 3rd and 3rd... advancing into the 2nd round of the playoffs so far in each.

Bad luck is a powerful thing.
Help please:
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1086524#1086524

Harden- 2.15 ERA, 7.61 K/9
Peavy - 2.89 ERA, 10.10 K/9

[b]Lets go Rich![/b]
ocmusicjunkie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Madison » Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:29 pm

Ouch, some awful top pitching combinations here. I certainly relate thanks to my H2H league. :-/

Roto league, drafted Mussina/Mulder to top my staff and going to wind up in 2nd place thanks to Mussina. :-/

In another roto I took RJ/Wood to lead my staff and am currently in a huge battle for first. I'm going win it though. }:-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby StlSluggers » Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:08 pm

Feel your pain guys. In my old H2H league, I drafted Wood and Halladay - and Glaus, and Anderson, and "The Big Hurt." I still managed to finish one game out of the playoff hunt, but that sucked. First time I've ever missed the playoffs.

I also bought a crappy team in a keeper cap league and managed to win the consolation bracket with it. First pick in the amateur draft for 2005 baby!

:-t
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby stomperrob » Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:31 am

3 of my 4 teams were in 1st place so they had byes - my other team was in sixth and didn't have much hope so I fired a bunch of my P's and a few hitters and pulled off a 9-1 upset so all 4 are still in!
Still holds the MLB record for Grand Slams with 23
stomperrob
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Football ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mikcou » Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:35 am

stomperrob wrote:3 of my 4 teams were in 1st place so they had byes - my other team was in sixth and didn't have much hope so I fired a bunch of my P's and a few hitters and pulled off a 9-1 upset so all 4 are still in!

congrats ;-D
mikcou
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers