Crimson Room - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Crimson Room

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Tavish » Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:22 pm

DaQ wrote:
Tavish wrote:Thats a good game, The Mystery of Time and Space was a better one though, Crimson Room was a bit too short.

You beat it??

Tell us, exactly, how you did it.

SPOILER BELOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collect everything in the room.
2 rings, metal stick, battery, cassette, 2 keys, url paper.
Use the keys to get the power cord and cassette player.
Use the power cord to get the 3rd key.
Go to the website on the url paper to get the safe combo.
Open the cassette player with the two rings and stick.
Put the cassette in the player and watch the film all the way through.
At the end of the film the dancer will point out a spot on the wall, hold the cursor over it.
When the film ends double click the spot on the wall then remove the hidden panel.
Put in the safe combo and use the third key to open the safe.
Get the screwdriver.
Use the screwdriver on the doorknob and leave the room.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby slomo007 » Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:23 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
Absolutely Adequate wrote:The second ring is in the curtains.

This is frustrating.

I knew what I had to do but it still took about ten tries to get it right.

btw AA - the safe does open - there's a screwdriver inside. Now I've got to figure out what to do with the screwdriver.

What was the safe combo? I tried numerous different ones which were rumored to work at numerous different times, until the game's author remade the game to a new code...etc. PM me if you don't want to post it online and ruin a part of the game, I can tell you the ones I've tried as well.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Tavish » Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:28 pm

slomo007 wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:

This is frustrating.

btw AA - the safe does open - there's a screwdriver inside. Now I've got to figure out what to do with the screwdriver.

What was the safe combo? I tried numerous different ones which were rumored to work at numerous different times, until the game's author remade the game to a new code...etc. PM me if you don't want to post it online and ruin a part of the game, I can tell you the ones I've tried as well.

Its a bug in the game. To get around it you normally have to play through the game to the sticking spot (the safe in this case) then reload the game and play through to the safe again. The second time the code should work. The code is changed daily, so it won't work to use old numbers.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:33 pm

slomo007 wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:

This is frustrating.

one of the clues is a piece of paper with an url on it. open a new window and put that url in - a table with 4 cards on it will come up - turn the cards over - this is the combo.

You need the combo and a key for the safe to open.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:35 pm

Hey Tavish,

any hints on the viridian room. I think that I've collected everything - but I don't read Japanese :,-( so I'm stuck.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby slomo007 » Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:36 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
slomo007 wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:

This is frustrating.

one of the clues is a piece of paper with an url on it. open a new window and put that url in - a table with 4 cards on it will come up - turn the cards over - this is the combo.

You need the combo and a key for the safe to open.

I did all that, still couldn't get it to work. :-?

I did a search on the web and saw MANY others had the same problem. No big deal, it's the 2nd to last step in the game really...I'm not that worried about it actually, just kind of curious.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby slomo007 » Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:45 pm

Tavish wrote:
slomo007 wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:

This is frustrating.

Its a bug in the game. To get around it you normally have to play through the game to the sticking spot (the safe in this case) then reload the game and play through to the safe again. The second time the code should work. The code is changed daily, so it won't work to use old numbers.

Gotcha, that's what I was thinking.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Tavish » Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:10 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:Hey Tavish,

any hints on the viridian room. I think that I've collected everything - but I don't read Japanese :,-( so I'm stuck.

What part are you stuck on? Its been awhile since I went through it. The main thing is make sure you have all six of the paper slips, the medicine bottle and the blanket.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:23 pm

I've got 5 of the 6 pieces of paper.

I think that I have the blanket. It had hair on it. I burned it off with the lighter and got a diagram. I have 14 items, not including the stuff in the pill bottle.

Now I'm stuck.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Postby Tavish » Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:33 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:I've got 5 of the 6 pieces of paper.

I think that I have the blanket. It had hair on it. I burned it off with the lighter and got a diagram. I have 14 items, not including the stuff in the pill bottle.

Now I'm stuck.

There are 6 slips of paper with the Japanese characters on it. Find all of those first. Get the blanket from the skeleton and open it up. The diagram in the medicine bottle and the diagram you get from burnig the hair correspond with what you get from the blanket.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk