2005 season: 20-team NL/AL re-draft league (Sportsline) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

2005 season: 20-team NL/AL re-draft league (Sportsline)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

2005 season: 20-team NL/AL re-draft league (Sportsline)

Postby Registered_Guest » Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:52 pm

Hey guys,

I'm gonna try out a new league format for 2005.

We will have 20-24 teams (depending on the interest level) in all; half of the league will be NL-only and the other AL-only. This will be a bragging rights league (with no prize money involved). Only cost will be to pay for the Sportsline Commissioner product (which will be $7-$9...depending on the # of teams we have).

I hope to get some lively fantasy chatter going as I have in my other Sportsline league. I will make this a 1-year league and hopefully through this we will find a 'core group' of quality owners to get a dynasty league started at Sportsline.

I'd like to start a dynasty right away, but better to see what type of owners we have first and build from there (worked great in building my other league -- now keeper -- as far as owner activity). I'll give people a year to test out this format & what guys enjoy it enough & want to start a dynasty league can do so. I don't think myself or the league wants to have a league where we have to replace guys each year.

League setup is up to the owners. With 20 teams, I'd say H2H might keep people's interest up all year and have some interleague play here and there during the season. Nothing is set in stone, so I'll let the league decide as a whole. I have no preference.

I imagine some of you have played with the Sportsline Commissioner product before & perhaps like me, you never plan on going back to Yahoo again due to inactive owners :-t

Sportsline features are as follows:
  • Expanded message board with private messaging and poll creation
  • Real-time live scoring
  • On the Block (trading block feature)
  • Create your own articles/newsletters
  • Fantasy articles and news

I'm as tight with my money as the next person -- but it is worth your $$ in building an interactive league. I play Sportsline and pay the money for the sole purpose in having 100% active leagues. If someone quits, they can be replaced on the spot.

I imagine I can get 7-8 guys from my current Sportsline league, but I'm looking for as many new faces and chatty owners as possible. League talk makes a league more enjoyable ;-D

If interested, please email me (don't reply only here) at mailto:siucory@yahoo.com with your prefered league (AL or NL), and I'll get back to you via email. Any questions/comments/preferences, feel free to shoot them my way on here. I'm up for any suggestions.
Registered_Guest
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Registered_Guest » Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:42 am

3 spots left to fill (2 AL spots, 1 NL spot). Slightly possible I'll expand to 22 or 24 teams, but will keep the # at 20 for now.
Registered_Guest
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Registered_Guest » Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:02 am

League filled. Thanks for the replies.
Registered_Guest
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jamesfinch » Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:17 pm

How do we know if we are in the league?? Could you post a list of those registered?
jamesfinch
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby jamesfinch » Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:19 pm

How do we know if we are in the league?? Could you post a list of those registered?
jamesfinch
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Classifieds