J.D. Drew is playing today?!?!?!?! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

J.D. Drew is playing today?!?!?!?!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

J.D. Drew is playing today?!?!?!?!

Postby SoCalRebel » Sun Apr 20, 2003 3:25 pm

:::Looks at stat tracker, rubs eyes:::: J.D. Drew is 0/1 and at bat right now? Is this right? When did he come back.
SoCalRebel
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Justise » Sun Apr 20, 2003 11:34 pm

Is he all that hot?

I've not heard much about Drew, so maybe someone can enlighten me on Drew, what kinda company is he in?
Justise

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Jack-In-A-Box » Mon Apr 21, 2003 9:17 am

he's in the company of- i got what i deserved for being a spoiled brat and making everyone think i was the next best thing since sliced bread and making teams spend millions on me to have me sit on their bench my whole career because i'm as fragile as Jenga game stacked 30 high.

The guy is a waste of space because he cant stay healthy long enough to play on regular basis. He might could put up some huge numbers if he could stay off the DL long enough. But what has it been now? 4,5years? and still havent seen this massive amount of potential so to speak play regularly.
Jack-In-A-Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby eagles157 » Mon Apr 21, 2003 6:08 pm

JAck.. next time research on the guy before going off with these false comments. In 2001 J.D. only played in only 109 games but hit .323 with 27 homers and 87 ribbies. I would say that that was a very large show of talent. Last year he played almost every game but had something wrong with his knee so he didn't do too well. He got that fixed this offseason and I think he can get back to hi '01 form and possibly a lot better than that. I say that if he puts his injury behind him than he could very well be in the ranks of Berkman,Ichiro,Chipper and even Pujols. And this is a lot coming from a die hard phills fan
eagles157
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby SoCalRebel » Mon Apr 21, 2003 6:42 pm

Not to mention the lineup he'll be hitting in. That cant hurt things.
SoCalRebel
College Coach
College Coach

Postby wrveres » Mon Apr 21, 2003 6:47 pm

Jack-In-A-Box wrote:he's in the company of- i got what i deserved for being a spoiled brat and making everyone think i was the next best thing since sliced bread and making teams spend millions on me to have me sit on their bench my whole career because i'm as fragile as Jenga game stacked 30 high.

The guy is a waste of space because he cant stay healthy long enough to play on regular basis. He might could put up some huge numbers if he could stay off the DL long enough. But what has it been now? 4,5years? and still havent seen this massive amount of potential so to speak play regularly.

That has to be the two most perfectly written paragraphs about Mr. Drew I have ever read. Well stated. What a waste of perfectly good oxygen he is. St Louis should send him to Det. for pitching help .. how about that Maroth guy? I recommened that everybody in all my leagues "Jump" to get him.
Some people are just destined to be Toll Booth operator's.

I say that if he puts his injury behind him than he could very well be in the ranks of Berkman,Ichiro,Chipper and even Pujols.

I'm spit soda all over my computer when I read this .. where do I send the bill for a new keyboard. They must put crack in the water in Philly or something ...
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)

Postby Jack-In-A-Box » Mon Apr 21, 2003 8:36 pm

lol wrveres.

And eagles.. next time you call me out. Dont. 27HR,87RBI's isnt anything special from a guy who was so arrogant that he held out till he got the millions he wanted because he was supposed to break all kinds of records. You got that from Hinske last year as a rookie. He hasnt and wont do JACK. Look at Soriano. The guy was 1 HR away from 40/40 last year and got a raise to 700K!! Thats it! Drew never even played one game and demanded teams(Phils) pay him millions. The guy may have all the talent in the world. But what good is that talent gonna do when your old Atari gets more playing time than he does??
Jack-In-A-Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 21, 2003 8:51 pm

He's spoiled b/c he held out for more money? You do realize this is his job and that what he did was genius. He knew what he could get and he got it. He's a smart business man. And don't kid yourself, this is a business and most of the players only care about the money. There are only 3-4 teams each year that could win the World Series, so everyone is playing for themselves.

Friendliness: %

Postby trippinonreality » Mon Apr 21, 2003 8:57 pm

They do put crack in the philly water which is why their teams never win. I'm not saying Drew is a complete waste of space but I will say that any team that he can actually help probably doesn't have a chance to contend anyway. He may (but I doubt it) be able to hit 20 homeruns 50 rbi and about .280 but is that really anyone that can help your team?
trippinonreality
College Coach
College Coach

Postby wrveres » Mon Apr 21, 2003 11:26 pm

trippinonreality wrote:I'm not saying Drew is a complete waste of space but I will say that any team that he can actually help probably doesn't have a chance to contend anyway. He may (but I doubt it) be able to hit 20 homeruns 50 rbi and about .280 but is that really anyone that can help your team?

and yet another Ditto.
Just think, By working at the toll booth he can sit down all day long. He should have lots of experience on his resume.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers