My preseason predictions read like a Clint Eastwood movie:
the good ...
ramble2 wrote:My top 5 CY Young candidates in the AL (in no particular order)
1. Pedro (perennial)
2. Schilling (ditto)
3. Halladay (unless he gets injured)
4. Santana (All those AL Central bats, better than Loaiza)
5. Hudson (could be any one of the 3 headed beast out West, but I think Hudson has the best shot at the best season)
(I could hit 4 of the top 5 AL CY Young!)
the bad ...
(not posted in predictions 2004, but I'll fess up ...)
I drafted Jason Philips and Jay Gibbons to fill my C and 3rd OF slot.
(Luckily I drafted C. Wilson as backup C, and H. Matsui as my 4th OF.)
and the ugly ...
ramble2 wrote:Top 5 NL CY Young (in order)
1. Prior (So dominant)
2. Wood (Please, for the sake of my keeper league, stop walking people so much and make the jump)
3. RJ (He'll be back)
4. ? (Someone surprising - probably a lucky SOB who gets a lot of run support but is hardly dominant, a la Russ Ortiz)
5. Gagne (Still heads and shoulders above all other closers)
Other than the [sarcasm]risky[/sarcasm] pick of RJ, I pretty much blew it.
"The game has a cleanness. If you do a good job, the numbers say so. You don't have to ask anyone or play politics. You don't have to wait for the reviews." - Sandy Koufax