Does this happen every year? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Does this happen every year?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby ramble2 » Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:34 am

As you can see by my join date, this is only the second time I've seen the end of a season while in the Cafe. So I can't really say whether it's a pattern or not, though I would guess yes. In addition to the end of the season and the beginning of football, school is starting up for people, and I suspect that takes some people away from the Cafe.

The off-season postings were great last year. There are fewer people who stop by, but you can follow every thread and they tend to be interesting. Lots of fun and bold predictions, lots of excitement over off-season MLB moves, and great prep for the season. I think the off-season here has helped put me in first as much as stopping by in-season.

Not to mention the mock drafts which keep us from going crazy. Or, more accurately, allow us to maintain our craziness!
"The game has a cleanness. If you do a good job, the numbers say so. You don't have to ask anyone or play politics. You don't have to wait for the reviews." - Sandy Koufax
ramble2
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:43 am

I expect it to be busier than last year was. Last year was so bad that I put up threads with current updates trying to get some conversation going, but ended up just talking to myself. :-b

There will be plenty of things going on though. With the playoffs, awards, free agent moves, mock drafts, etc., there will be things going on constantly.

It's also a good time for our regulars to get to know each other a bit, before we get another influx of newbies before next year starts. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby JTWood » Mon Sep 06, 2004 3:18 am

Madison wrote:I expect it to be busier than last year was. Last year was so bad that I put up threads with current updates trying to get some conversation going, but ended up just talking to myself. :-b

So that's how you get 25,000 posts...

:-b
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Madison » Mon Sep 06, 2004 3:25 am

JTWood wrote:
Madison wrote:I expect it to be busier than last year was. Last year was so bad that I put up threads with current updates trying to get some conversation going, but ended up just talking to myself. :-b

So that's how you get 25,000 posts...

:-b

Well it wasn't quite that bad. :-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby CubsFan7724 » Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:56 am

Im also part of the football side, as you can see in my signature. I like fantasy football better, so Im posting more over there than here now.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby DK » Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:07 am

CubsFan7724 wrote:Im also part of the football side, as you can see in my signature. I like fantasy football better, so Im posting more over there than here now.

Shame on you. }:-)
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby raiders_umpire » Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:21 am

i am not a big fan of fantasy football, i will play in about 2 leagues mainly just too satisfy my need to do a draft,,,but i am more of a baseball fan, so i will be here all winter long......
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby wkelly91 » Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:46 am

raiders_umpire wrote:i am not a big fan of fantasy football, i will play in about 2 leagues mainly just too satisfy my need to do a draft,,,but i am more of a baseball fan, so i will be here all winter long......

I agree. There FF is boring in comparison. :-o
wkelly91
General Manager
General Manager

Postby jbones733 » Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:56 am

sad but true i have noticed the steady decline, but im still around , i have not gotten into footnall yet, my H2H playoffs just start today & posteason baseball is the best . ;-D
jbones733
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Strasil42 » Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:28 pm

Hell ill be here and the football side all year long. GOtta keep up with both of them.
Strasil42
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers