Dead team trades. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Dead team trades.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby PresHabib » Sun Sep 05, 2004 8:35 am

rmeesig

I totally understand your annoyance. I can't stand it when people aren't focusing on their teams and do deals that others cannot necessarily pull off. Inactive managers can detract fun for a lot of people.

Sidenote...inactive managers are people who don't look at their teams for a month or so, not managers who don't move their rosters. Madison you said you have gone a year without making any roster changes, but I'm willing to bet that if your first baseman that year went on the DL you would have changed that. Inactive managers, like this guy here who did not put injured players on the bench, is full blown inactive.

Ok back to my point... iif the trade is fair, the trade is fair, and that really is all that matters. What you guys have done is view something as an exception that you would not have vetoed had somebody else in the league made the same deal...thats unfair, much more unfair than the other guy trading with an inactive manager (which I would need more information about to decide if it was unfair or not). This deal has to go through, your reasons to veto should not bring you to actually veto the deal.

And in the example I gave earlier, I wound up letting the deal through for these reasons. I definitely didn't like that an inactive manager was trading with a guy just because it was his friend, but in the end the deal was fair numbers wise and I just couldn't justify vetoing it, and I don't believe that you can justify vetoing this.
Rest in peace Mitch Hedberg. I name my fantasy team "Buoyancy of Citrus", in your honor.
1968-2005
PresHabib
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rmeesig » Sun Sep 05, 2004 12:25 pm

Thanks to everyone who responded. It's obvious that most feel that no matter what a manager's activity, if the commodity is equal, the trade must go through.

So I've posted the replies in my league's msg board, and told the commish (who also vetoed) that we may have jumped too early.

One thing is for certain, our inactive mgr will not be welcome to our league next year. Even after all of this, he still has 3 positions unfilled, and his starting OF today is Bonds, Junior, and T.Nixon...with nobody on 2nd, 3rd or CI. :-[
If a man dwells on the past, then he robs the present.
But if a man ignores the past, he may rob the future.
The seeds of our destiny are nurtured by the roots of our past.
[i]-- Master Po[/i]
rmeesig
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Sep 05, 2004 12:47 pm

Not inviting him back for next year is a good idea and 1 that I would recommend. ;-D
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Madison » Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:09 pm

PresHabib wrote:Madison you said you have gone a year without making any roster changes, but I'm willing to bet that if your first baseman that year went on the DL you would have changed that.

You are correct ;-D .
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Surfs up » Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:25 am

Not everybody may be as active as you or some of the others. Its only a game. And suppose to be fun. Whats the big deal. This is fantasy baseball not the major leagues. Let it go.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 195)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers