Halladay... back to pitch another day! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Halladay... back to pitch another day!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Halladay... back to pitch another day!

Postby GrimZeke007 » Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:17 am

Roy Halladay - S - TOR

Roy Halladay, who pitched off a mound for the first time in over a month yesterday, is tenatively scheduled to start against the Yankees on September 21st.
Hallady has been out of action since July with a strained pitching shoulder, but he feels pretty good right now. The Jays' ace will pitch batting practice next week and will be re-evaluated at that time to see if a couple of late September starts is adviseable. Sep. 2 - 10:51 am et

This positive news for fans like me to somehow see some progress in regaining form for next year.

EDIT: The reigning Cy Young Award winner had been sidelined six weeks with weakness in his shoulder, but he should be able to make three return appearances before the season ends.

EDITED EDIT: The tentative target date is Sept. 21, which would allow Halladay to face the Yankees two times in 10 days.
<a href="http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2242053#2242053">Help rate my team!</a>
GrimZeke007
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BigBlue » Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:24 am

I'll be the first to say it! I will not, for whatever reason, be playing Halladay either of those days. I dont care how poorly the Yankee bats are performing right now.
BigBlue
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 17)

Postby Pokey Reese MVP » Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:49 pm

Well its the playoffs by then. If I'm still around maybe I will pitch him, he has been on my d/l for the whole year. Talk about a waste of a 2nd pick.
Sorry my program for making sigs is broken
Pokey Reese MVP
College Coach
College Coach

Graphics Expert

Return to Baseball Leftovers