Just drafted for next year. Lemme know!!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Just drafted for next year. Lemme know!!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Your my boy Blue

Postby cmhuff24 » Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:43 pm

look forward to having u in our league u just joined. Sorry i will have to repeat as league champ, leaving u in my dust. lol jk.Thanks for joining.
cmhuff24
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby eftda » Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:56 pm

IMO, you took Eric Chavez too soon. 3rd base is deep this year (05).
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Sox FANatic001 » Sat Oct 16, 2004 10:45 pm

nice team. should be veryu strond

aamazing keepers btw
Lets Go patsox!

yay! sox win!!!
bambino-1918-2004
Rest In Pain ;-)

Big David Ortiz Rocks my socks off
him and pokey
Sox FANatic001
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby ukrneal » Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:00 am

That's remarkable. Only one guy who will retire over the next 10 years. Seems like that anyway.

Why are they complaining? They either: let you draft that team or traded it to you. What were they all doing while you were amassing one of the best keeper lists you could even imagine?!?!?
ukrneal
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Pedantic » Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:23 pm

Overall, spectacular draft. Maggs in the 9th? Cabrera in the 23rd? Lidge in the 13th? Giles in the 17th? Harden in the 19th? Wow. Just...wow. I think you could have let Chavez fall farther, but I think he will live up to at least a 3rd rounder next year (I don't care what everyone else is saying :-b ). Podsednik was probably a little too early for me, too, especially since you already had decent speed with Beltran and (hopefully) Soriano.
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Rico The Retard » Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:24 pm

Nice job you have a real nice team except there is no way i wouldve been able to get Perez, Peavy, Hudson, or Vazquez that early in my keeper league cuz most of the people im with are idiots and take like pitchers with their first pick and vazquz is like gone by the 4th round o well i always win it anyway cuz i just get good batting and spot start all the time in that league ;-D
fgfdsgdsfdasfd

"Hey honey, ya think KFC's still open"-Will Ferrell

Mark my words: Oliver Perez will be 2005 NL Cy Young Winner
Rico The Retard
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby jgills81 » Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:50 pm

I'd like to see some of the keepers from other teams in that league. That and what in the world was going on in Yahoo!? How does Harden (The A's ace in 05) drop to 13? And Oliver Perez and Jake Peavy, do they (the guys in your league) not pay attention to baseball? You've got a dream team rotation, and with Lidge in the Pen you've got a shutdown closer. How some people on this website assemble the teams they list is beyond belief. And what's with your keeper league. I could see how you might have had Santana for a couple years (as he's only blown up over the last two), but to have Schmidt, Prior and Johnson on your staff, and a lineup that includes, ARod, Pujols, Abreu, Martinez, Lee. Seriously, some of the people here can think up some pretty good lineups. Seriously, Stienbrenner would kill for that kind of lineup.
Pat Burrell will mash this year, count on it!
jgills81
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby BigBlue » Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:56 pm

jgills81 wrote:I'd like to see some of the keepers from other teams in that league. That and what in the world was going on in Yahoo!? How does Harden (The A's ace in 05) drop to 13? And Oliver Perez and Jake Peavy, do they (the guys in your league) not pay attention to baseball? You've got a dream team rotation, and with Lidge in the Pen you've got a shutdown closer. How some people on this website assemble the teams they list is beyond belief. And what's with your keeper league. I could see how you might have had Santana for a couple years (as he's only blown up over the last two), but to have Schmidt, Prior and Johnson on your staff, and a lineup that includes, ARod, Pujols, Abreu, Martinez, Lee. Seriously, some of the people here can think up some pretty good lineups. Seriously, Stienbrenner would kill for that kind of lineup.

I dont get what you're saying? You're either commending me on a draft well done in one league? Or saying you dont believe I have those players as my keepers? There's 4 people in the Cafe that can vouch that I have those people as my keepers. So to say that I just "Thought" up this team is obsured.
BigBlue
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 17)

Postby youngblood » Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:30 pm

That is a sweet team. ;-D
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains."
youngblood
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Dawgpound 1613 » Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:49 pm

BigBlue wrote:
jgills81 wrote:I'd like to see some of the keepers from other teams in that league. That and what in the world was going on in Yahoo!? How does Harden (The A's ace in 05) drop to 13? And Oliver Perez and Jake Peavy, do they (the guys in your league) not pay attention to baseball? You've got a dream team rotation, and with Lidge in the Pen you've got a shutdown closer. How some people on this website assemble the teams they list is beyond belief. And what's with your keeper league. I could see how you might have had Santana for a couple years (as he's only blown up over the last two), but to have Schmidt, Prior and Johnson on your staff, and a lineup that includes, ARod, Pujols, Abreu, Martinez, Lee. Seriously, some of the people here can think up some pretty good lineups. Seriously, Stienbrenner would kill for that kind of lineup.

I dont get what you're saying? You're either commending me on a draft well done in one league? Or saying you dont believe I have those players as my keepers? There's 4 people in the Cafe that can vouch that I have those people as my keepers. So to say that I just "Thought" up this team is obsured.

I took it to mean that he's amazed you could be in two leagues and get that type of talent on each team - as if some of the owners in the draft league had no idea what they were doing. I don't think anyone doubts these teams are yours, and you've done a good job with both teams, especially the latter with all of that kept talent. Good job. I presume the second team was through trades. I've had some pretty sweet keepers in leagues before, but not at that level.

BTW, I'm not normally a spelling corrector, but I presume by "obsured" you meant "absurd", correct?
Dawgpound 1613
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating. 2. Situation; place; locality.

PreviousNext

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team