What Sport Do You Play? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

What Sport Do You Play?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Madison » Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:50 pm

StlSluggers wrote:If it can be done in bowling alley, I have a feeling you'll give it a shot won't you, Mad?

Lol. :-D Oddly enough, neither one originated in a bowling center for me.

The first time I shot a game of pool, I was 6 years old (then again, I was 5 when I started bowling). My uncle had his own pool table and for my first visit (which was a surprise to him), he cut down one of his own cues and brought out a plastic milk crate (to stand on) so I could play. The next time I went to visit him, I had my very own "kiddie" pool cue. Custom built for me. I loved going to visit him, and as I got older, he upgraded my cue. No one has ever figured out why I shoot left handed though. My uncle, and whole family (including myself) is right handed. I do everything right handed with the exception of shoot pool. Just one of those odd things.

As to darts, I really hadn't played until my wife and I got together. She played in a dart league and I decided to learn how to play, so we could play together. With all my free time, I got pretty good, pretty quick. My first year of dart league I led the entire league in scoring points for the "501" games. Cricket scoring doesn't count, only record and I was 2nd with my cricket record. 1st place was our reigning state steel tip champion. Anyway, he ended up asking me to join his steel tip masters league and my game just kept improving. After a few years, I just ran out of time for darts and had to concentrate on other things, but even now, I can hold my own with the majority of people in any type of dart game. I've got a soft tip board on one wall in my home, and a steel tip board on the opposite wall, so I do get in a few games occasionally. ;-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby irishdude103 » Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:05 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:
irishdude103 wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:
irishdude103 wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:I forgot to mention what I play.

I play tennis - the most macho sport ever!

!+)
8-o

I wish I would've played soccer, too. Soccer is unbelievable for developing the stamina and balance needed for tennis.

actually tennis sin't that bad but i really hate when people comment on how of a sport soccer is when actualy if you play at a high level it is a very very rough sport and yeah it really boosts ur stamina
Its not a sissy sport, its just boring to watch :-D . At least on hockey people are getting body checked into walls and such. Also the ball goes out of bound way too much.

lol actaully European soccer is boring to see, and American soccer is just shit but South America is hella hard core slide tackles jukes the works
irishdude103
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby irishdude103 » Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:06 pm

Rico The Retard wrote:shutup stl im on varsity at my hi school for both those sports
;-D good job man i only made one varsity sport
irishdude103
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to General Talk