Poll: Will the Yankees Win the AL East? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Poll: Will the Yankees Win the AL East?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Will The Yankees win the AL East?

Yes
28
57%
No
21
43%
 
Total votes : 49

Postby thetongueofire » Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:29 pm

i'm telling ya... their pen is soooooo spent right now. they'll liklely win the division but not without a fight. unlike in the past, the Yankees will go into the postseason not fully rested which is a good news for us Red Sox faithfull. ;-D
[size=10]Manny Ramirez....$20 million
Pedro Martinez....$17.5 million
Curt Schilling...$12 million (and a $2 million bonus)
Never hearing a Yankee fan chant 1918 again...priceless. [/size]
thetongueofire
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3622
Joined: 8 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ajgnydc722 » Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:03 pm

nsulham wrote:
ajgnydc722 wrote:
Rage wrote:Regardless of who wins, 22-0 LMFAO at Yankee fans....


Laugh it up. The Yankees lost a game. One game. Funny I didn't hear anyone laughing at the Red Sox when they were 11 games out. Funny how you guys find it appropriate to laugh at Yankee fans while we are still in first place and have won our last two games, nearly shutting out the Indians tonight.

So laugh at the Yankees. Laugh at their 83-50 record....the best team in the American League. Go ahead because I have news for you...we don't care. We hear it every year. What happens every year? The Red Sox blow it. And the Red Sox aren't even TIED with the Yankees. They still have to make up 3 1/2 games!!

Do me a favor all you Boston fans/Yankee haters...can it until Boston has caught the Yankees. Be happy and feel confident because your team is playing great, but don't go bashing on the Yankees when you haven't even caught them yet. It makes you look more foolish when the Yankees eventually win.


Damn bro chill. I think the majority of the heckling is coming from Mets fans, not Sox fans.

Yankees can win the East. Fine, good for them. The end goal is to advance in the playoffs right? After sweeping Anaheim, the Sox are now 4.5 up in the WC and lokking mighty tough. So the Yanks can have the East for all I care.

Once you're in the playoffs, there are no games back. All you gotta do is advance. And right now, THIS YEAR (not last year, not previous years) I like the Sox chances to advance better than the Yankees. In fact, unless Vazquez, Mussina and Brown remember what kind of pitchers they're supposed to be, the Yanks don't scare me. Offense sure, but sure as hell not the pitching. Anyone who says they'd take the Yankees pitching over the Sox right now is asinine. Schilling and Pedro are coming on strong and I'm feeling good about about having those guys on the mound, no matter who the opponent.


I know that the ultimate goal is to get to the World Series. However, that's not what Boston fans are laughing at. Boston fans wouldn't be concerned with the Yankees if all they wanted was to get in the playoffs. Instead, they'd be concerned with Anaheim, Oakland and Texas.

But Boston fans aren't focusing on that. They are focusing on the AL East, which is what my post is centered around. You are laughing because you were 11 and 1/2 and now you're 3 and 1/2. That has nothing to do with the playoffs, it has to do with winning the AL East. That's what I'm talking about. Of course I'm concerned with the Yankees come playoff time, but you're laughing at 1 loss, while you are still trailing them. It's a joke.

You say Mets fans are the ones laughing? Well what the hell right does a Met fan have to do anything? The Mets are one of the biggest jokes in baseball. I'm not bitter by the loss or anything, I'm just sick and tired of people laughing at the Yankees for things that seem big, but in reality are very small. The 22-0 loss might as well have been a 1-0 loss because it all counts the same. And the thing that gets me about it is, the Yankees are still in first place!
Image
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4067
Joined: 11 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: THE EMPIRE

Postby Amazinz » Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:24 pm

ajgnydc722 wrote:You say Mets fans are the ones laughing? Well what the hell right does a Met fan have to do anything? The Mets are one of the biggest jokes in baseball.

There's only been one Mets' fan posting in this thread and I wasn't even slamming the Yankees. But I guess you need to turn on me because your team suffered the WORST defeat in 100 years. Whatever. :-D
Image
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 18800
Joined: 16 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: in Canada, toughening up figure skaters

Postby thetongueofire » Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:53 pm

stop generalizing... boston fans.. mets fans.. and take some names. a lot of fans of a lot of different teams are laughing. :-D

i have an anology for the lovely Yankees fans...

person A and person B are playing one-on-one BB. person A is winning. person A is guaring person B. person B while dribbling, puts the basketball between his legs twice first, from right hand through left leg and then back through right leg, then catches it again with the right hand behind his right leg tosses it over,puts the ball behind his back and throws it over the person A, and then just runs by him, catches the ball and does a between-the-legs 360.

now sub Yankees in for person A and the tribe for person B. sure, its only one basket, and person A might come back strong or crumble under the heat. but isnt it embarrasing as hell for person A/Yankees ?

anyways, ignore me. but you have to admit it: anyway you look at it, its hilarious... :-D
[size=10]Manny Ramirez....$20 million
Pedro Martinez....$17.5 million
Curt Schilling...$12 million (and a $2 million bonus)
Never hearing a Yankee fan chant 1918 again...priceless. [/size]
thetongueofire
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3622
Joined: 8 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ajgnydc722 » Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:52 pm

thetongueofire wrote:
anyways, ignore me. but you have to admit it: anyway you look at it, its hilarious... :-D


Then I suppose anyway you look at 1978, 1986 and 2001 are also hilarious because those were much more embarassing than this one regular season loss. :-D
Image
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4067
Joined: 11 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: THE EMPIRE

Postby Pokey Reese MVP » Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:50 pm

Okay after tonight, I have to say that I think Boston will win the AL east.

22 of the last 26

10 game winning streak for the first time since 1993!

Thats not easy to beat.
Sorry my program for making sigs is broken
Image
Pokey Reese MVP
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 237
Joined: 16 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WhosBabeRuth » Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:10 pm

To ajgnydc722:

First, it was 10 and a half not 11 and a half get the facts straight. Now, everyone is farmiliar with the sox's phrase "this is the year". Of course the year is every year according to yankee fans. The reason that this really is the year is because of this: every year what do the sox do? they fall out comes august/september. This year whaqt did they do? Got stronger as August and September roll around. Thats whats different.

Next: You have just proved all sox fans theory about yankee fans being ignorant. We have won 15 out of the last 16. 10 in a row. 2 and a hlaf behind and you dont even have the CLASS to admit how good their playing. Instead you say you talk about they will blow it. 15 out of 16 and they still havnt blown it. Did it maybe occur to you THAT THEY ARE ACTUALLY A GOOD TEAM????????? I dont care what they;ve done in past years, it doesnt matter with what they are doing now! As I go I leave you with your own quotr

"What happens every year? The Red Sox blow it. And the Red Sox aren't even TIED with the Yankees."

Thats not ignorant? Gimme a break.
WhosBabeRuth
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 300
Joined: 3 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Boston

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 9 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact