Poll: Will the Yankees Win the AL East? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Poll: Will the Yankees Win the AL East?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Will The Yankees win the AL East?

Yes
57%
No
43%

Total votes : 49

Postby KPucks » Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:29 pm

GrimZeke007 wrote:
Amazinz wrote:
pomplona's finest wrote:Wow, 11-0 in favor of the Yanks.

The Yankees will win the pennant, but I wouldn't count on their pitching to hold up in the postseason.

That's 11-10. You need glasses, Chef. :-D

You need glasses, Chief. :-D

EDIT: oops... i got the joke... but honestly the yankees will get on all cylinders once mussina and brown get back in shape.

And when will this happen? Is Mussina's velocity going to magically jump 5-10mph?
KPucks
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ajgnydc722 » Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:36 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if Boston overtakes 1st place for a short period of time, but in the end I think the Yankees will win the AL East.

I for one am very scared. I do not think the Yankees are going deep in the postseason and I wouldn't be surprised if they lost to a team like Minnesota in the 1st round. :-o
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Amazinz » Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:37 pm

GrimZeke007 wrote:
Amazinz wrote:
pomplona's finest wrote:Wow, 11-0 in favor of the Yanks.

The Yankees will win the pennant, but I wouldn't count on their pitching to hold up in the postseason.

That's 11-10. You need glasses, Chef. :-D

You need glasses, Chief. :-D

EDIT: oops... i got the joke... but honestly the yankees will get on all cylinders once mussina and brown get back in shape.

It wasn't a typo. I was referring to the Iron Chef. :-b
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:53 pm

Honestly, it seemed to me that the Yankees quit around the 5th inning last night. That scares me. If they don't start playing like a TEAM, and not a collection of individuals, they could be in a lot of trouble.
buffalobillsrul2002
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby thetongueofire » Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:42 pm

Yankees schedule is way too easy.

they still got 6 games against the Orioles, 5 against the royals and 3 against the D-Rays. thyere 11-2, 10-4, and 3-0, against these teams so far, respectively.

Red Sox got a chance if they do well against the Yankees in the games they have left against them, but the Yankees should win it.
[size=10]Manny Ramirez....$20 million
Pedro Martinez....$17.5 million
Curt Schilling...$12 million (and a $2 million bonus)
Never hearing a Yankee fan chant 1918 again...priceless. [/size]
thetongueofire
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Rage » Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:49 pm

Regardless of who wins, 22-0 LMFAO at Yankee fans....
Rage
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Amazinz » Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:11 pm

Rage wrote:Regardless of who wins, 22-0 LMFAO at Yankee fans....

Why did the fans play in this one? Might explain the score... :-b
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ajgnydc722 » Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:01 pm

Laugh it up. The Yankees lost a game. One game. Funny I didn't hear anyone laughing at the Red Sox when they were 11 games out. Funny how you guys find it appropriate to laugh at Yankee fans while we are still in first place and have won our last two games, nearly shutting out the Indians tonight.

So laugh at the Yankees. Laugh at their 83-50 record....the best team in the American League. Go ahead because I have news for you...we don't care. We hear it every year. What happens every year? The Red Sox blow it. And the Red Sox aren't even TIED with the Yankees. They still have to make up 3 1/2 games!!

Do me a favor all you Boston fans/Yankee haters...can it until Boston has caught the Yankees. Be happy and feel confident because your team is playing great, but don't go bashing on the Yankees when you haven't even caught them yet. It makes you look more foolish when the Yankees eventually win.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby nsulham » Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:56 pm

ajgnydc722 wrote:

Laugh it up. The Yankees lost a game. One game. Funny I didn't hear anyone laughing at the Red Sox when they were 11 games out. Funny how you guys find it appropriate to laugh at Yankee fans while we are still in first place and have won our last two games, nearly shutting out the Indians tonight.

So laugh at the Yankees. Laugh at their 83-50 record....the best team in the American League. Go ahead because I have news for you...we don't care. We hear it every year. What happens every year? The Red Sox blow it. And the Red Sox aren't even TIED with the Yankees. They still have to make up 3 1/2 games!!

Do me a favor all you Boston fans/Yankee haters...can it until Boston has caught the Yankees. Be happy and feel confident because your team is playing great, but don't go bashing on the Yankees when you haven't even caught them yet. It makes you look more foolish when the Yankees eventually win.

Damn bro chill. I think the majority of the heckling is coming from Mets fans, not Sox fans.

Yankees can win the East. Fine, good for them. The end goal is to advance in the playoffs right? After sweeping Anaheim, the Sox are now 4.5 up in the WC and lokking mighty tough. So the Yanks can have the East for all I care.

Once you're in the playoffs, there are no games back. All you gotta do is advance. And right now, THIS YEAR (not last year, not previous years) I like the Sox chances to advance better than the Yankees. In fact, unless Vazquez, Mussina and Brown remember what kind of pitchers they're supposed to be, the Yanks don't scare me. Offense sure, but sure as hell not the pitching. Anyone who says they'd take the Yankees pitching over the Sox right now is asinine. Schilling and Pedro are coming on strong and I'm feeling good about about having those guys on the mound, no matter who the opponent.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby thomasps3 » Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:13 pm

I don't think that it's the fact they lost, it's the way they lost. They played almost like they had given up, which has got to be alarming. Also, as much a stud as Mariano, Gordon, and Quantrill are, they have been used to such an extent this year that there has to be at least some doubt as to how long they can pitch effectively.
thomasps3
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)
Location: Giving BIG UPS to Teddy BallGame for the AWESOME SIG

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers