Yankees set record - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yankees set record

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby CubsFan7724 » Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:06 pm

No need to worry, Yankee fans, Im sure Boston will cough up all the ground they gained on you the past few weeks.
Image
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 6426
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: AKA 34=Sweetness on FFC

Postby nsulham » Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:11 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:No need to worry, Yankee fans, Im sure Boston will cough up all the ground they gained on you the past few weeks.


Damn dude, I've got to ask. What is it with the hatred towards the Sox? I mean I see you all the time on here trashing them, talking about how Texas will beat them out for the wild card, etc., etc.

Is it because Nomar's not exactly healthy (surprise surprise) and he's got more wrong with him than anyone lets on? I do vividly recall you ranting about how the Cubs "raped" the Sox on that one.

Just wondering where all the shots come from, especially from a Cubs fan, who should know a thing or two about bad luck as well.
Image
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4883
Joined: 26 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Charlottesville

Postby pomplona's finest » Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:20 pm

nsulham wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote:No need to worry, Yankee fans, Im sure Boston will cough up all the ground they gained on you the past few weeks.


Damn dude, I've got to ask. What is it with the hatred towards the Sox? I mean I see you all the time on here trashing them, talking about how Texas will beat them out for the wild card, etc., etc.

Is it because Nomar's not exactly healthy (surprise surprise) and he's got more wrong with him than anyone lets on? I do vividly recall you ranting about how the Cubs "raped" the Sox on that one.

Just wondering where all the shots come from, especially from a Cubs fan, who should know a thing or two about bad luck as well.


I think he focuses too much on the negatives, I have seen him diss the Rams about a million times on the football side. :-D

And speaking of Nomar, I wish I had traded him. :-/

Not that his production has been bad but his health is suspect and with all the hype surrounding him I probably could have gotten a lot.
[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]

AKA IRON CHEF

Member #5 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
pomplona's finest
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 3062
Joined: 18 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Dirt Farming in Madagascar

Postby DK » Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:16 pm

:-D :-D

Last night was one of the best baseball-related nights of my life. :-D

22-0! Not even the Mets have been beaten THAT bad this year! :D

All Yankee haters can rejoice today! :-D
Image
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 9533
Joined: 22 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: on deck

Postby ajgnydc722 » Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:46 pm

DK wrote::-D :-D

Last night was one of the best baseball-related nights of my life. :-D

22-0! Not even the Mets have been beaten THAT bad this year! :D

All Yankee haters can rejoice today! :-D


I'll be the first to admit that the game was completely embarassing and the Yankees are in real trouble but...

I'd rather lose a game 22-0 than be 22 games out of first place...which is where the Mets are headed. ;-7
Image
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4067
Joined: 11 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: THE EMPIRE

Postby pomplona's finest » Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:17 pm

If I was a Yankee fan I don't really know if I would be that pissed. Think about it, its only one loss. I think losing in a crazy ass blowout is better than losing a close heartbreaker. Those are the games I can't get over as a fan.
[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]

AKA IRON CHEF

Member #5 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
pomplona's finest
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 3062
Joined: 18 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Dirt Farming in Madagascar

Postby Ronniebegood » Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:42 pm

I love the fact that some of you people are more interested in a Yankee loss than your own teams winning...Beat the Yanks 22-0 in October, then we'll talk.
"You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there." - Yogi Berra
Ronniebegood
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

User avatar

Posts: 73
Joined: 20 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DK » Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:28 am

ajgnydc722 wrote:
DK wrote::-D :-D

Last night was one of the best baseball-related nights of my life. :-D

22-0! Not even the Mets have been beaten THAT bad this year! :D

All Yankee haters can rejoice today! :-D


I'll be the first to admit that the game was completely embarassing and the Yankees are in real trouble but...

I'd rather lose a game 22-0 than be 22 games out of first place...which is where the Mets are headed. ;-7


Hey, come on, we all know the Mets stink this year. Let me have my one day to shine in the spotlight! :-D
Image
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 9533
Joined: 22 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: on deck

Postby thetongueofire » Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:12 pm

this is just hilarious....

anyways, even though i hope the Sox win the AL East, i dont quite think that they have a good chance..... the Yankees have a real easy schedule up ahead. but the Sox are definitely winning the WC.

the good thing this time around is that cos of the Sox run, the weak Yankees pitching staff and old and overburdened Gordon, Quantrill, and Rivera will be tired going into October.
[size=10]Manny Ramirez....$20 million
Pedro Martinez....$17.5 million
Curt Schilling...$12 million (and a $2 million bonus)
Never hearing a Yankee fan chant 1918 again...priceless. [/size]
thetongueofire
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3622
Joined: 8 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Super GM » Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:03 pm

22-0................ 8-o ::rubs eyes:: wow! ;-D :-)
Image
Super GM
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3746
Joined: 23 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: On the mound striking out Barry Bonds

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Oct. 21
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

San Francisco at Kansas City
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact