With the Royals ever be successful with the current system? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Kansas City Royals

With the Royals ever be successful with the current system?

Moderators: joshparrish, prodpaul, Baseball Moderators

With the Royals ever be successful with the current system?

Postby aberry33 » Sat Apr 19, 2003 2:11 pm

It is awesome to see them doing good right now, but of course I can't get the thought out of the back of my mind when they are going to slowly fade. Here is what has been on my mind during this losing streak.

It just seems to me that it will be a neverending cycle here. We have to basically work our system and hopefully find a star every now and then in it. Well thats great and all, but right when that player gets to the point to where he can really contribute to the team he is traded away, and the cycle starts all over again looking and hopeing for that star. Yes things are going real good right now for the Royals, they have some good young players that are showing good signs of success, but what happens in two years when they are really tearing it up and contract time comes up? I really hope that if they show some promise this year that Glass will finally decide to keep our young talented players. It will be real interesting to see what happens with Beltran.
aberry33
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby joshparrish » Sun Apr 20, 2003 5:14 am

This is what needs to happen. At the all star break we need to decide what young players will be part of our future and sign them long term (ie. Hernandez, Berroa, etc.). That will save us big bucks in the long run. Heck, the A's are paying Barry Zito $900,000 this year. Not bas for a Cy Young winner.
joshparrish
College Coach
College Coach

Eagle Eye

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 20, 2003 5:17 pm

Do you think the Royals might go and sign a player or two if they are still in contention later on in the season?

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby prodpaul » Mon Apr 21, 2003 8:25 am

I was wondering that myself. You know who is out there that would really help us is Chuck Finley. I say sign him after May 1st and if Affeldt is still having problems with his blister and May is still struggling he could help.

Just a thought. What do you guys think?

Tetelestai
prodpaul
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 21, 2003 1:45 pm

I saw on kansascityroyals.com that Glass said he was pleased with the team play (duh) and that increased gate revenue could lead to more team spending. Seems pretty obvious, but I just don't know, I can see us drawing bigger crowds throughout the season and Glass still trading away Beltran and then dumping more salary in the offseason. Man I wish Brett would have gotten the team. Honestly I don't see them signing anyone because Glass won't be willing to fork out any cash from his millions or billions in reserves.

Friendliness: %

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:14 am

Glass can win if he wnted to - spend the money buddy, you dont get to take it with ya. ;-D
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor

Return to Kansas City Royals