Hero review - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Hero review

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Hero review

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:59 am

I have been seeing a lot of commercials for Hero which is being released in theaters this Friday.

I can't believe that they are releasing this as if it's a new movie. I got it on DVD 2 years ago and it sucks. The fight scenes are disappointing, the effects stink and mostly the movie is so slow you will fall asleep.

I don't want anyone to get suckered in by the advertising that says it stars Jet Li and is presented by Tarantino. I don't think that Tarantino has anything to do with this movie. It's not a new kung fu movie - its old and it stinks. They should not be allowed to release old movies and pretend that they are new.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 257)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:11 pm

I don't know. I have also seen an import copy of Hero (Ying xiong) a while back when it first came to DVD overseas. I really enjoyed it but it's not for everyone and I agree that it's cult status has indeed "overrated" the film. The same happened to Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. If you are a fan of these genre pictures from Japan than it was a great movie but as soon as it started receiving the hype it could never match the impression everyone already had.

Miramax purchased the rights to an American release to the film a while back but it's been held up due to red tape. Miramax wanted to cut about 20 minutes from Hero because they felt some parts were so "Asian" that North American viewers wouldn't "get" it. Q.T. made an agreement with a Miramax (a company he obviously has a strong relationship with) that if they would release it uncut than he would allow them to use the "Quentin Tarantino Presents ..." tagline so that they could cash in on the fame of KB Vol. 1 & 2.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CubsFan7724 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:41 pm

Saw the previews and it looks just like a Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon knockoff. How bout making a kungfu movie where people don't fly. Watch a little Bruce Lee instead of this glorified Peter Pan crap. :-b
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Rico The Retard » Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:38 pm

i thought it was Crouching tiger, hidden dragon the first time that i saw the advertisements but then it said hero and jet li was in it so i realized it was not its probably going to be a bunch of japaneese people fighting and godzilla comes and they all scream "goooooooooodzilla"
fgfdsgdsfdasfd

"Hey honey, ya think KFC's still open"-Will Ferrell

Mark my words: Oliver Perez will be 2005 NL Cy Young Winner
Rico The Retard
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Return to General Talk