CAFE CHALLENGE - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

CAFE CHALLENGE

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby CrazyPooja90 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:43 am

USA vs CAN people, what do yall think? If we do switch to a new site then maybe we could change dates too, heh heh.


Sept 5 i will be out of town doing another FF draft.
"I'm going to meet the greatest umpire of all, and he knows I'm innocent."

-Shoeless Joe Jackson
CrazyPooja90
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1490
Joined: 4 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: heckling JD Drew

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:55 am

crossover is bad.

I was actually there throughout and ended up with a solid team, but its not real. We have to redraft.
Image
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 5694
Joined: 7 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby KolbSaves » Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:08 am

jumpman8288 wrote:I think we're drafting yahoo and putting them into Crossover.net. DO NOT DRAFT THERE. Some people couldn't make it, and one team had 6 RB's through 6 rounds, and another had the same for QB's. And since they weren't there, it ran down the whole clock before picking someone for them (unlike Yahoo's 10 second thing). Overall the draft was just a boring and bad experience. Again, DO NOT DRAFT AT CROSSOVER.NET. It's garbage :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t
agreed

also for the USA v. CAN thing, I would like to draft at yahoo and import, but keep the same time/date
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
-Isaac Newton
KolbSaves
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3477
Joined: 10 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Detroit, MI

Postby Amazinz » Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:18 am

KolbSaves wrote:
jumpman8288 wrote:I think we're drafting yahoo and putting them into Crossover.net. DO NOT DRAFT THERE. Some people couldn't make it, and one team had 6 RB's through 6 rounds, and another had the same for QB's. And since they weren't there, it ran down the whole clock before picking someone for them (unlike Yahoo's 10 second thing). Overall the draft was just a boring and bad experience. Again, DO NOT DRAFT AT CROSSOVER.NET. It's garbage :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t
agreed

also for the USA v. CAN thing, I would like to draft at yahoo and import, but keep the same time/date

I would like to draft at Yahoo and STAY at Yahoo. :-D

That Crossover site is utter crap.
Image
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 18800
Joined: 16 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: in Canada, toughening up figure skaters

Postby pomplona's finest » Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:07 am

Amazinz wrote:
KolbSaves wrote:
jumpman8288 wrote:I think we're drafting yahoo and putting them into Crossover.net. DO NOT DRAFT THERE. Some people couldn't make it, and one team had 6 RB's through 6 rounds, and another had the same for QB's. And since they weren't there, it ran down the whole clock before picking someone for them (unlike Yahoo's 10 second thing). Overall the draft was just a boring and bad experience. Again, DO NOT DRAFT AT CROSSOVER.NET. It's garbage :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t
agreed

also for the USA v. CAN thing, I would like to draft at yahoo and import, but keep the same time/date

I would like to draft at Yahoo and STAY at Yahoo. :-D

That Crossover site is utter crap.


We are using this site because it lets us make 2 divisions and form the schedule like we want so we only play against the other division.
[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]

AKA IRON CHEF

Member #5 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
pomplona's finest
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 3062
Joined: 18 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Dirt Farming in Madagascar

Postby Amazinz » Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:59 am

pomplona's finest wrote:We are using this site because it lets us make 2 divisions and form the schedule like we want so we only play against the other division.

Yeah I understand that. But are seperate divisions really that big of a deal? The Yahoo interface is a lot better IMO.
Image
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 18800
Joined: 16 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: in Canada, toughening up figure skaters

Postby pomplona's finest » Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:38 pm

Maybe we could find another website that makes divisions. There is bound to be a decent one out there.

But if we have to we could always use Yahoo, it is much more comforting and I'm pretty used to it.
[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]

AKA IRON CHEF

Member #5 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
pomplona's finest
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 3062
Joined: 18 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Dirt Farming in Madagascar

Postby Mustangs989 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:44 pm

I'm in a league at Rotoworld, you might want to check that out, I know they have divisions but whether they have customizable schedules I do not know.
Image
Mustangs989
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 5540
Joined: 11 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Maybe next year...

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:55 pm

what I have decided for our league is that we will draft on yahoo and then I will transfer the teams over to Crossover. It will be a pain in the ass but until somebody offers a good site that will do this all for free (menyak I'm looking at you ;-7 ) I'm going to have to put up with it.
Image
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 19545
(Past Year: 268)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Hakuna, Montana

Postby Madison » Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:39 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:what I have decided for our league is that we will draft on yahoo and then I will transfer the teams over to Crossover. It will be a pain in the ass but until somebody offers a good site that will do this all for free (menyak I'm looking at you ;-7 ) I'm going to have to put up with it.


As if Menyak's "to do" list wasn't long enough :-D . Lol. :-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact