LITTLE LEAGUE WORLD SERIES - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

LITTLE LEAGUE WORLD SERIES

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Tavish » Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:46 am

eftda wrote:
BoSox4life wrote:Yeah they have a mercy rule. BTW, did anyone watch the Rhode Island, Iowa game today? The pitcher for RI is amazing! He was throwing 75mph! 8-o Pure gas...he had like 15ks and coming into the game had 33ks in 12 innings pitched! 8-o 8-o

Can you say Danny Almonte (BTW: he is still a stud for his age, last I heard he won the World Series for his league at Shea) :-D

How old is he now? He has to be at least 12 in Dominican years. :-b

My money is on the Texas team. Big bats that have done pretty good against the rocket arm pitchers.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 23)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LBJackal » Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:56 am

I can barely throw 75 MPH, but that was in the off-season. Might be more now since my arm is feeling loose, so I'd probably top out at 80. But I'm 20 and these are little kids we're talking about 8-o I usually nail at least one runner a game from CF in my slo-pitch league. I got the accuracy as well as the cannon. But then again most guys are at least 35 that I play with, so they're used to a middle-aged guy with a blown out shoulder throwing from the OF :-b

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby DK » Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:08 pm

I have a close friend who lives in Lincoln, RI, so I'll be rooting for them. However, I am still against the LLWS as a whole for what they do to pitcher's arms. I still haven't watched a game of it, I just read the scores the next day.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Rico The Retard » Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:12 pm

hey does anyone remember that one 12 year old kid that played for kentucky like 2 years ago he threw like 86 mph that is crazy hes only 12 years old man i cant even throw that fast geez it was funny watching him face japan cuz none of those kids could hit him so they would like make funny faces at him when they struck out it was pretty funny
fgfdsgdsfdasfd

"Hey honey, ya think KFC's still open"-Will Ferrell

Mark my words: Oliver Perez will be 2005 NL Cy Young Winner
Rico The Retard
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby KULCAT » Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:28 pm

Well Panama beats Poland 9-0. Now they clash against Taiwan. From what ive seen so far Panama and Taiwan are the 2 best teams for the international pool so i think if we beat Taiwan our chances of making it to the finals would be pretty good
"Nothing is this world worth remembering was ever accomplished without Pasion"-Hegel
KULCAT
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1)

Postby DaQ » Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:14 pm

Rirruto wrote:
DaQ wrote:I missed the teams on ESPN Bottomline (watching Jets-Colts) but a team was up 19-0 in the 4th inning, no joke

I guess they dont have mercy rules? :-? :-?

Maybe it was another preseason game? I was pretty sure it was LLWS, but I could be wrong...
DaQ
General Manager
General Manager

Postby KULCAT » Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:51 am

DaQ wrote:
Rirruto wrote:
DaQ wrote:I missed the teams on ESPN Bottomline (watching Jets-Colts) but a team was up 19-0 in the 4th inning, no joke

I guess they dont have mercy rules? :-? :-?

Maybe it was another preseason game? I was pretty sure it was LLWS, but I could be wrong...

Yes they have mercy rules Taiwan scored most of those against Poland in the 4° inning
Anyway Taiwan is out already. Curazao knocked them out in a semifinal. Hart breaking loss for the Taiwanesse kids. Up 8-4 in the last inning and Curazao scored 4 on them then win in extrainnings.
Panama faces Mexico for the spot in the international final.
Go Panama!!!!!
"Nothing is this world worth remembering was ever accomplished without Pasion"-Hegel
KULCAT
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to General Talk