World Cup of Baseball? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

World Cup of Baseball?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Amazinz » Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:27 pm

Rico The Retard wrote:harden and bay are canadian geez i dont know anything, that isnt surprising tho

Isn't surprising that you don't know anything or not surprising that they're Canadian? :-D

It's not like Canadians and Americans are easily distinguishable just from sight. :-b
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jumpman8288 » Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:25 am

Don't know if anyone mentioned Venezuela yet (just throwing some players out there):

Abreu
Maggs
M. Cabrera
Hidalgo
E. Alfonzo
R. Hernandez
Mora
Omar
Johan Santana
Zambrano (Carlos)
W. Alvarez
F. Garcia
K-Rod

They'd definitely be up there with the US and DR.
[URL=http://http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7158944067217702636&q=new+born+muse]MUSE ROCK[/URL]
jumpman8288
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jumpman8288 » Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:26 am

Amazinz wrote:
Rico The Retard wrote:harden and bay are canadian geez i dont know anything, that isnt surprising tho

Isn't surprising that you don't know anything or not surprising that they're Canadian? :-D

It's not like Canadians and Americans are easily distinguishable just from sight. :-b

Ever watch South Park? :-b
[URL=http://http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7158944067217702636&q=new+born+muse]MUSE ROCK[/URL]
jumpman8288
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby KULCAT » Sat Aug 21, 2004 2:59 pm

Amazinz wrote:
kimchi_chigae wrote:it's true also that soccer is the most popular sport in the world and i'm not sure baseball would even rank in the top 5 world wide.

I am not just saying this because I am American and this is "our" game but I think Baseball will eventually overtake Soccer. Baseball seems to be the fast growing sport in the world and when the world talent level evens out the World Cup of Baseball will just be intense. It will attract a huge fan base. I am biased but there is just something special about Baseball that Soccer can't hold a candle too.

They are proposing suspending MLB play during the World Cup so U.S.A, Canada, Japan, D.R. can field their best teams. That will just be awesome IMHO.

I dissagree. Baseball is basically not existant in Europe, Africa and South America(except for a VERY small part of Colombia) and even in the Asia where is very strong it still plays second fiddle to soccer.
"Nothing is this world worth remembering was ever accomplished without Pasion"-Hegel
KULCAT
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1)

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:06 pm

jumpman8288 wrote:Don't know if anyone mentioned Venezuela yet (just throwing some players out there):

Abreu
Maggs
M. Cabrera
Hidalgo
E. Alfonzo
R. Hernandez
Mora
Omar
Johan Santana
Zambrano (Carlos)
W. Alvarez
F. Garcia
K-Rod

They'd definitely be up there with the US and DR.

Baseballs pretty big in Venzuela. But they couldnt compete with the US and DR. This would be the battle to end all battles
C-Piazza (but Im not so sure, hes gotten worse)
1B- Thome
2B- Mike Young or M Giles
3B- Scott Rolen
SS- Alex Rodriguez
OF- Bonds, Sheffield, Carl Crawford
SP- Johnson or Schmidt #1 starter

DR
C-Im not sure, but isn't Victor Martinez from the DR?
1B- Pujols
2b- Soriano
3b- A Ramirez
SS- Furcal
OF- Manny, Vlad, Sosa 8-o
SP- Pedro
I think the US would win, but it would be a good game.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby jumpman8288 » Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:10 pm

Piazza's American? I always thought he was something...else.

I think Tejada would start over Furcal too ;-7
jumpman8288
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Rirruto » Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:18 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:C-Im not sure, but isn't Victor Martinez from the DR?

He'd be on the Venezuelan team.

There are so many good teams out there though, that would be so much more fun to watch than the Olympics. ;-D
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Amazinz » Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:22 pm

Rirruto wrote:

There are so many good teams out there though, that would be so much more fun to watch than the Olympics. ;-D

Exactly. The WCOB would be awesome. People jumped on me about the Soccer comment. I know Soccer is more popular now. I just think if this Cup takes off it will be come the biggest sport in the world. Or maybe I'm just crazy. :-b
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby KULCAT » Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:15 pm

Amazinz wrote:
Rirruto wrote:

Exactly. The WCOB would be awesome. People jumped on me about the Soccer comment. I know Soccer is more popular now. I just think if this Cup takes off it will be come the biggest sport in the world. Or maybe I'm just crazy. :-b

Well youre entitled to your opinion Amazin, its just Baseball is so far behind other sports that is hard for me to see it as THE sport. I think it could get as popular as Rugby worldwide. But beyond that i dont think so. Still a great game ;-D
"Nothing is this world worth remembering was ever accomplished without Pasion"-Hegel
KULCAT
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1)

Postby kimchi_chigae » Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:11 am

Rirruto wrote:

yeah a WCOB would be a lot of fun, but all the players would have to be playing. hockey is about to have world cup soon, but many players have alredy said they are not gonna be playing on it.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk