Never too young!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Never too young!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby stomperrob » Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:06 am

Madison wrote:My boy started whacking golf balls (plastic ones) over the house at 1 and 1/2. 8-o Yup, from the back yard over the house and into the front yard. We take him to big parks and let him hit them now. :-D


My little guy has plastic golf clubs and balls that whacks every day too but he keeps breaking the clubs and mashing the balls!
Image
Still holds the MLB record for Grand Slams with 23
stomperrob
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Football ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 1209
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The House That Gehrig Built

Re: Never too young!!!

Postby stomperrob » Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:17 am

DieHardCubbie wrote:
stomperrob wrote:In today's mail I got the registration for my 12 year old son's hockey this winter. In it, they announced they are starting a league for 4 - 6 year olds! WOW - that means my 20 month old can play in 2 more years!!! And he probably will - at 14 months of age he picked up one of my 12 year old's street hockey sticks and started hitting balls and other toys with it and has done it on his own every day since - he loves it, the kid's a natural! And he actually invented his own game - after going to several of his brother's little league games, now when he shoots the 'puck' and makes a good shot, he throws down the stick and runs the bases, lol.



:-? ...I need a left winger in my Hockey dynasty league...any chance he can play over there in a few years..... ;-)

They grow up fast...(or so I am told..I don't have any...but my brother has a housefull....5,6, or 7...somewhere around that many.. 8-o )


Ya never know - he just might make it, lol. I can only hope he turns out like his cousin who is 13 - he just received a hockey scholarship to a private sports oriented high school (but they really stress academics as well) and has already been scouted by two WHL teams even though he's still underaged. But like my 12 year old, I won't push him - having fun is the most important.
Image
Still holds the MLB record for Grand Slams with 23
stomperrob
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Football ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 1209
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The House That Gehrig Built

Re: Never too young!!!

Postby LBJackal » Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:37 am

DieHardCubbie wrote:
stomperrob wrote:In today's mail I got the registration for my 12 year old son's hockey this winter. In it, they announced they are starting a league for 4 - 6 year olds! WOW - that means my 20 month old can play in 2 more years!!! And he probably will - at 14 months of age he picked up one of my 12 year old's street hockey sticks and started hitting balls and other toys with it and has done it on his own every day since - he loves it, the kid's a natural! And he actually invented his own game - after going to several of his brother's little league games, now when he shoots the 'puck' and makes a good shot, he throws down the stick and runs the bases, lol.



:-? ...I need a left winger in my Hockey dynasty league


The kids a left winger? Damn rob, you're giving us Canadians a bad rep by raising liberal wieners ;-)

I hope my kids are as good at sports as you're kids are. I have a feeling they will be...... whether they like it or not }:-)
Image

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 9196
Joined: 1 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Hotel Yorba

Postby Madison » Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:05 am

stomperrob wrote:
Madison wrote:My boy started whacking golf balls (plastic ones) over the house at 1 and 1/2. 8-o Yup, from the back yard over the house and into the front yard. We take him to big parks and let him hit them now. :-D


My little guy has plastic golf clubs and balls that whacks every day too but he keeps breaking the clubs and mashing the balls!


Lol. :-D We've had some destroyed equipment here ourselves. Lol. :-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Re: Never too young!!!

Postby Rkiivs » Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:43 pm

stomperrob wrote:...And he actually invented his own game - after going to several of his brother's little league games, now when he shoots the 'puck' and makes a good shot, he throws down the stick and runs the bases, lol.


He plays Calvinball!
Rkiivs Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar
Innovative Member
Posts: 927
Joined: 9 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Tavish » Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:00 pm

There should be a law against perverting the youth in this manner. Teaching young kids that hockey is a sport is just wrong IMO and will only lead to a life of crime, drugs, and communism. ;-7
Image

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
Posts: 11070
(Past Year: 26)
Joined: 3 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jumpman8288 » Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:06 pm

Tavish wrote:There should be a law against perverting the youth in this manner. Teaching young kids that hockey is a sport is just wrong IMO and will only lead to a life of crime, drugs, and communism. ;-7


LMAO, harsh Tavish :-b
[URL=http://http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7158944067217702636&q=new+born+muse]MUSE ROCK[/URL]
jumpman8288
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1607
Joined: 25 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Rico The Retard » Thu Aug 19, 2004 8:20 pm

hey rkiivs i play calvinball all the time it is awesome
fgfdsgdsfdasfd

"Hey honey, ya think KFC's still open"-Will Ferrell

Mark my words: Oliver Perez will be 2005 NL Cy Young Winner
Rico The Retard
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 5820
Joined: 16 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Magical Valley Of Love And Happiness

Previous

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Thursday, Sep. 18
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Texas at Oakland
(3:35 pm)
Toronto at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
Boston at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
Washington at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
LA Dodgers at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Cleveland at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Milwaukee at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
Arizona at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
Philadelphia at San Diego
(9:10 pm)
Seattle at LA Angels
(10:05 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact