is this extreme bending of rules? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

is this extreme bending of rules?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby George_Foreman » Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:21 am

in my league, a friend of mine loaded his team with closers and ONLY closers. so he wins saves, whip, and era 90% of the time (this week with gagne and graves getting shelled, he'll have a rough time of it... but it's worked just fine most weeks)

since he only uses 6 roster spots on pitching, he's basically got two teams worth of offensive players. he's got many leadoff and #2 hitters, so he usually wins SB and runs, and with mora, i-rod, casy, and ichiro on his squad, he basically has average locked up every week, too. (iirc, those are 4 of the top 5 average players in the league). and naturally if mora/casy/somebody else gets hot, he can swing rbis, as well.

and with a whole second rosters worth on the bench, he never has to play any one who is slumping. my team is generally made of players of faaaaaaaaaaar higher value than his, but his squad could beat mine some weeks. luckily for me, i don't think he'll make the playoffs. he's playing the top 3 teams the last week while the next guy is only back by half a game and plays the three weakest in the league.

shame, really. i would've liked to have seen how he'd do in the playoffs.
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers