100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Disco King hits 5,000

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Tavish » Fri Aug 27, 2004 1:24 am

The Cubanmadman wrote:
Tavish wrote:Congrats DK, always a fan favorite. ;-D

I love Don knotts, oh and Congratz DK. ;-D

Everybody loves Don Knotts. Anyone who says they don't are either terrorists or Canadian. ;-)

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 24)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:36 am

Wrestling in the '90s had its duds too. Remember JYD?

I have a fondness for Andre the Giant now but he and Big John Stud were terrible wrestlers, the could barely take a fall. Their bigs moves were lifting their legs.

But nothing compares to the real stars of yesteryear. Rickey the Dragon, Jimmy Sunka, the road warriors, the Dream team, the Hart foundation, Demolition and my favourites The Samoans.

Even though they were bad guys, as a Canadian, I had to cheer for Jacques and Raymond Rougeau.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 261)

Postby Madison » Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:50 am

I freely admit that I'm an old school Undertaker fan. :-) Nice to see him go back to his original entrance theme and attitude again. ;-D

I was/am a Goldberg fan as well, but WCW really screwed up the storyline at the end when the company was falling apart. :-/
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:33 am

Madison wrote:I freely admit that I'm an old school Undertaker fan. :-) Nice to see him go back to his original entrance theme and attitude again. ;-D

I was/am a Goldberg fan as well, but WCW really screwed up the storyline at the end when the company was falling apart. :-/

Me, too, although this new Taker is a bit of a hoax. He is like a hybrid of the 2. He has a lot of the garb but biker gloves. The hair could be longer and he is doing some of the newer moves. Nothing like a dead man all tattooed up, either. :-°
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby DK » Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:39 am

Madison wrote:For the "Disco King":

8o how'd you find me?
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Madison » Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:52 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
Madison wrote:I freely admit that I'm an old school Undertaker fan. :-) Nice to see him go back to his original entrance theme and attitude again. ;-D

Me, too, although this new Taker is a bit of a hoax. He is like a hybrid of the 2. He has a lot of the garb but biker gloves. The hair could be longer and he is doing some of the newer moves. Nothing like a dead man all tattooed up, either. :-°

I don't mind the biker gloves instead of the big gloves like in the old days and I agree that his hair still needs to grow out some more. ;-D As to the tattoos, other than the Sara one on his neck, it doesn't take away anything to the look in my opinion.

Something I will say though, as big of an Undertaker fan as I am, it's pretty bad that at his age, he's still the #1 man out of the whole Smackdown roster. I mean Cena is the crowd favorite, Guerrero has a good following, Angle is back, and Luther Reigns is huge physically, but when the Undertaker shows up, he's the favorite to win any match. Granted, Big Show is slated to return shortly, so that does put one big man out there. Curious to see what storyline they put him in. :-?

You flip over to Raw though, and it's just the opposite. Benoit was the champ, Orton won it from Beniot. Kane is there. Batista is there. Obviously Triple H can't be left out either. There are plenty of guys who can win the big matches there. Keeps you guessing.

Shame that it seems the Mordecai project has been shelved, at least temporarily. Did you see the Mordecai stuff Lo? If you did, then you could see the writing on the wall as to what his future held. That would have (and probably will be in the future) been a classic battle.

Anyway, enough rambling from me for the moment. :-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:53 pm

DK wrote:8o how'd you find me?

It wasn't easy. :-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:02 pm

I did see Mordecai although he was there so briedly that it's amazing that I did see him. :-)

Did I miss something about him??
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Madison » Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:12 pm

Lofunzo wrote:I did see Mordecai although he was there so briedly that it's amazing that I did see him. :-)

Did I miss something about him??

See any resemblances to Taker's character?

Secluded, worships a higher power, invokes his own set of rules and laws, big, strong, powerful, and doesn't care about the current rules or about anything other than what his goal is.

The internet sites dubbed him "the second coming of The Undertaker". All of them were in agreement that at some point there would be a "Final Battle" between the two of them and resulting in the retirement of The Undertaker. It wouldn't just be one match though. It would have been something that went on for a few pay per views and some fantastic matches.

Personal opinion, I think Taker shelved the project himself. He's not ready to retire from the ring just yet and since he's been with the WWE for around 14 years, McMahon listens to him. He's still undefeated at Wrestlemania (the only undefeated man). He's got a permanant job with WWE even after he retires from the ring. He was one of the few that didn't "sell out" and run to WCW and all their money. McMahon respects Taker, what he's done for the WWE, and what he brings to the show each and ever single day.

Notice how Mordecai disappeared and now Taker's been fighting for the title? I think Taker wants one more run with the belt before he calls it a career. Rough guess, I'll say Mordecai will return in the next 6 months to a year, and then the final showdown will begin. We'll see. B-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Previous

Return to General Talk