Dreifort out for the season... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Dreifort out for the season...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby perlick29 » Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:24 am

Uh silly me I forgot to mention that guy Gagne in my last post there, he's pretty good too.

Like I said los angeles peoples, its ok, don't worry.
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby beltrans_boy » Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:36 am

perlick29 wrote:Uh silly me I forgot to mention that guy Gagne in my last post there, he's pretty good too.

Like I said los angeles peoples, its ok, don't worry.

Glad to see that somebody else has heard of Brazoban. This kid is legit. DePodesta even said that he got rid of Mota knowing that Yhency could fill the void.
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Strasil42 » Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:40 am

Probaby should have said that its not a GREAT bullpen. Ill take percival, shields, krod, and donnelly over la's bullpen anyday. I just dont think theres anyway you can say la has the best bullpen in the majors, espescially after losing mota.
Strasil42
General Manager
General Manager

Postby beltrans_boy » Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:02 am

Strasil42 wrote:Probaby should have said that its not a GREAT bullpen. Ill take percival, shields, krod, and donnelly over la's bullpen anyday. I just dont think theres anyway you can say la has the best bullpen in the majors, espescially after losing mota.

Anaheim? It's close. Maybe if K-Rod was closing, but it's Percival, and let's face it, Perival has been anything but dominating this year. Aside from the Angels and Twins, I can't think of another team that can't think of another team that can hold a candle to the all-around effectiveness of the LA 'Pen.
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Dodger Blue » Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:07 am

Probaby should have said that its not a GREAT bullpen. Ill take percival, shields, krod, and donnelly over la's bullpen anyday. I just dont think theres anyway you can say la has the best bullpen in the majors, espescially after losing mota

Strasil come one you must be joking. Anaheim has a fine bullpen but Percival is just old. Granted Krod Shields are great Donnelly is fine. But shirley you missed this:

Giovanni Carrara has an ERA of 1.00
Yhency Brazoban has an ERA of 1.50
Eric Gagne has an ERA of 1.55

Plus if Jackson is the setup guy look out.

BTW is Shuey ever coming back?
Dodger Blue
General Manager
General Manager

Postby beltrans_boy » Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:10 am

Nah, stick a fork in Shuey for the year. He's done. If Jackson comes out of the Pen, that will make it very interesting. That kid's got electric stuff, but I'd rather see him groomed to be a starter and the ace of the staff for the next 5 or 6 years...
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby LBJackal » Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:54 am

I don't see why all the Dodgers fans are so down on Dreifort. He's probably your best RP other than Gagne :-?

Other than 4 of his last 8 outings he's been solid all year. Other than the 31st of July he had given up 3 hits in the entire month, in 14 appearances. Apparently you guys are all "what have you odn't for me lately". He has 2 losses all year and for a guy who comes into the game with a lead all the time, that's pretty good. But if you're happy with washed up has-beens like Carrera and inexperienced relievers like Brazoban and Sanchez......... then good luck in the playoffs, cuz you'll DEFINATELY need it. Gagne can't pitch 2 innings 4 times in every series so unless you get 8 IP out of your SP's........ :-o it ain't lookin good.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Fireball Express » Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:02 am

Thanks for the scoop on the LA pen. I'm rolling the dice with Brazoban. I'm in a holds league and I hope he helps. Carrara came into the game in a non-hold situation so I opted for Brazoban. (Can we just call him Brazo or something. Typing out Brazoban every time is a pain. The man now needs a nickname.)
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

Postby LBJackal » Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:08 am

Well I traded for Dreifort a month ago (only gave up Winn, so no biggie) and he's been nice to have for holds in an SP spot......... but I'm hoping Brazoban can keep it up and rack up some holds for me. I swapped Dreifort for "The Bra" already. And now I'm thinking about trading for Linebrink to boost my holds from the SP spot again.

I went from having 3 LA setup guys to having none now (Mota, Dreifort, Martin). Mota was traded, Dreifort's out for the year, and Martin sucks (he was also traded, but after I dropped him).

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby beltrans_boy » Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:53 am

LBJackal wrote:I don't see why all the Dodgers fans are so down on Dreifort. He's probably your best RP other than Gagne :-?

Other than 4 of his last 8 outings he's been solid all year. Other than the 31st of July he had given up 3 hits in the entire month, in 14 appearances. Apparently you guys are all "what have you odn't for me lately". He has 2 losses all year and for a guy who comes into the game with a lead all the time, that's pretty good. But if you're happy with washed up has-beens like Carrera and inexperienced relievers like Brazoban and Sanchez......... then good luck in the playoffs, cuz you'll DEFINATELY need it. Gagne can't pitch 2 innings 4 times in every series so unless you get 8 IP out of your SP's........ :-o it ain't lookin good.

Dreifort has been a curse for the Dodgers ever since they signed him. He's making...get this...$11 million a season. His limbs are practically held together with string. He's a walking poster boy for the American Red Cross. This is the same kid that was a #2 overall pick behind Alex Rodriguez.

If we're bitter about Darren, it's because we've been bitten in the past. He's not a terrible pitcher, but he's been terrible this year. I don't know whether it's because of all the injuries he's had in the past, or because he just can't cut it at the big league level (it's probably a combination). Either way, his mere presence on the team is a reminder of all those mid-90's Dodger teams that had so much promise but did absolutely nothing. Thank God next year is the last year of his contract. I cringe every time I think that we've got almost $27 million/season locked up in Darren Dreifort and Shawn Green. What a waste of talent and money...

:-o
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers