What did everyone do this summer? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

What did everyone do this summer?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Madison » Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:29 pm

Lofunzo wrote:I like playing masters but not many do because it eliminates score whoring. I get a lot of satisfaction winning a cricket tournament without scoring a point. ;-D


I played with Texas's reigning singles champion three years running. Points were plentiful in that league. He taught me that every dart I could take out of my opponent's hand, was an extra dart for me. If you ever play me in cricket and I start:

1st dart--trip 20.

2nd dart--trip 20.

3rd dart--trip 19.

Makes you use all three darts on 18 since even with two trips, I've still got the lead and two places to score. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby KolbSaves » Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:17 pm

What did I do this summer? I played fantasy baseball.
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
-Isaac Newton
KolbSaves
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3477
Joined: 10 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Detroit, MI

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:29 pm

Madison wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:I like playing masters but not many do because it eliminates score whoring. I get a lot of satisfaction winning a cricket tournament without scoring a point. ;-D


I played with Texas's reigning singles champion three years running. Points were plentiful in that league. He taught me that every dart I could take out of my opponent's hand, was an extra dart for me. If you ever play me in cricket and I start:

1st dart--trip 20.

2nd dart--trip 20.

3rd dart--trip 19.

Makes you use all three darts on 18 since even with two trips, I've still got the lead and two places to score. :-)


That is a sound system, as long as you can execute it. I prefer the quick kill. If I can start trip 20, 19, and then 18, I can still win with a 0-0 tie on points and I have 3 places to score. I also hate the marathon games that turn into a hi score game. Honestly, I always start with the 19. I can trip that right off of the bat 9/10 and then work the 20 and 18. It lets me work the high numbers back-to-back plus the 19 is only 1 point off from the 20. It also helps to know what your competition is good at.
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23698
(Past Year: 11)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Postby DaQ » Tue Aug 17, 2004 5:23 pm

Things I did this summer:

1.) Worked as a counselor at a local Sports camp (mmm...tips }:-) )
2.) Went to Jets training camp early to get some nice, FREE autographs (Pennington, Martin, etc.)
3.) Dreading about school :-o :-o :-o
DaQ
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 2583
Joined: 6 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Super GM » Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:12 pm

What did I do this summer? Well, I worked most of the time.....

In the daytime I worked at the hotel, at night @ the club and sometime in between when I had the day off or found some time in between I slept at the pool and jumped in occasionally to cool off. The last couple of weeks I spent a lot of my time here @ the cafe and with my fantasy baseball team!
Image
Super GM
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3746
Joined: 23 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: On the mound striking out Barry Bonds

Postby DieHardCubbie » Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:32 pm

wkelly91 wrote:Quit my comfortable job of five years. :-o
Took out a $40k line of credit.
Incorporated......................6/1
Signed first customer..........7/29 :-)
Placed machines.................8/6 :-°
Collected first weeks sales...8/13 ;-D
Made first deposit................8/14 B-)

On my way to becoming part of the most hated group in America....The Rich B-)


Glad to see things going in the right direction....wkelly... ;-D

But as a fellow business owner...I can assure you that is not the fastest way to joining the most hated group in America.... :-/
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 13084
Joined: 13 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: floating around on the 3rd rock

Postby Rico The Retard » Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:07 pm

no the fastest way for a man is winnning the lottery the fastest way for a woman is to sleep with donald trump
fgfdsgdsfdasfd

"Hey honey, ya think KFC's still open"-Will Ferrell

Mark my words: Oliver Perez will be 2005 NL Cy Young Winner
Rico The Retard
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 5820
Joined: 16 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Magical Valley Of Love And Happiness

Postby jumpman8288 » Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:22 pm

Rico The Retard wrote:no the fastest way for a man is winnning the lottery the fastest way for a woman is to sleep with donald trump


Lol, wow.
[URL=http://http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7158944067217702636&q=new+born+muse]MUSE ROCK[/URL]
jumpman8288
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1607
Joined: 25 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:08 pm

Lofunzo wrote:That is a sound system, as long as you can execute it. I prefer the quick kill. If I can start trip 20, 19, and then 18, I can still win with a 0-0 tie on points and I have 3 places to score. I also hate the marathon games that turn into a hi score game. Honestly, I always start with the 19. I can trip that right off of the bat 9/10 and then work the 20 and 18. It lets me work the high numbers back-to-back plus the 19 is only 1 point off from the 20. It also helps to know what your competition is good at.


Oh I can execute it. :-) At least I could :-o . Guess I need to dust off my dartboard. Got a steel tip on one wall and a soft tip on the opposite wall. ;-)

If you start and go trip 20, trip 19, trip 18, then I turn around and 9 mark the 17. It takes at least two darts out of your hands since you would have to catch my 102 points. ;-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby DieHardCubbie » Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:29 pm

jumpman8288 wrote:
Rico The Retard wrote:no the fastest way for a man is winnning the lottery the fastest way for a woman is to sleep with donald trump


Lol, wow.


:-° ...glad women can't win the lottery.... :-/
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 13084
Joined: 13 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: floating around on the 3rd rock

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Sunday, Sep. 21
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Toronto at NY Yankees
(1:05 pm)
Washington at Miami
(1:10 pm)
indoors
NY Mets at Atlanta
(1:35 pm)
Boston at Baltimore
(1:35 pm)
Milwaukee at Pittsburgh
(1:35 pm)
Chi White Sox at Tampa Bay
(1:40 pm)
indoors
Cleveland at Minnesota
(2:10 pm)
Detroit at Kansas City
(2:10 pm)
Seattle at Houston
(2:10 pm)
LA Dodgers at Chi Cubs
(2:20 pm)
Texas at LA Angels
(3:35 pm)
Philadelphia at Oakland
(4:05 pm)
Arizona at Colorado
(4:10 pm)
San Francisco at San Diego
(4:10 pm)
Cincinnati at St. Louis
(8:05 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact