Rotation: Stick with what I've got or trade - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rotation: Stick with what I've got or trade

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rotation: Stick with what I've got or trade

Postby Mhersh » Tue Jul 30, 2002 11:03 pm

My current rotation is as follows:
Randy Johnson, Mussina, Hudson, Vazquez, Pineiro, Astacio, Saarloos. With closers being Wagner, Stewart, Acevedo, DeJean. I have been rotating them in and out. Yet I'm still in 5th in ERA and 8th in WHIP. Should I stand by the rotation? Should I trade some of these guys out b/c last year is long gone?
Mhersh

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Rotation.....

Postby ntremain23 » Tue Jul 30, 2002 11:39 pm

Mussina and Sarloos could be hurtin your ERA,Mussina's being around 5.50 and Sarloos's being around 7.10.Saarloos has only had a few starts though.Saarloos could be hurting your WHIP too since his is up around 1.70.Those are your only starters who could be hurting you at all.Mike DeJean is the only closer that could be hurting you and that's at WHIP,his is around 1.40,which still isn't too bad.I don't understand why you would be so low in these two categories though.The only reasonable suggestion could be that the other teams in your league HAVE to have amazing pitching staffs.That's my only suggestion for why your so low.
N Tremain
ntremain23

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dan » Thu Aug 01, 2002 9:53 am

have to agree with tremain!

I would get rid of Sarloos (I am almost sure there has to be someone better on the wire!), maybe try picking up one of the rookie crop and hope they perform well and play them while hot.

Mussina is a tough call...he just got rocked again yesterday, but on the other hand can provide you with some great outings. Maybe you can try trading him to a guy needing wins more and you can get some better value at ERA/WHIP!
Dan
Maitre D'
Maitre D'

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SirStanley » Fri Aug 02, 2002 12:57 am

Be careful about jumping to dump Saarloos...most of those bad stats for him are from his first call up...He admitted he was overwhelmed by being at the SHow. He was sent back down and recently recalled. Since his recall he is 3-0 1.79 ERA 0.85 WHIP and 14K in 20 IP....these numbers are more in line with the dominance he showed in the minors this year.
SirStanley
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Mock(ing) Drafter

Saarloos....

Postby ntremain23 » Fri Aug 02, 2002 2:35 pm

Yea Saarloos's last start wasn't too bad at all and he DID show dominance in Triple A.I might jump on that bandwagon.Retract my last message about him.
N Tremain
ntremain23

Return to Baseball Leftovers