Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Which is a better fantasy sport?

Football
21%
Baseball
79%

Total votes : 28

Postby DieHardCubbie » Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:22 am

pomplona's finest wrote:Hey Irish who do you think is going to win? :-)

Try asking this in the other cafe and you will get the opposite responses.

But as for my answer, you may cite me for treason considering I was born and raised here in the darkside but football IMO is much more interesting and by far the better sport. And I am using the other side more and more now that the season approaches.

B-)

Grrr....And I thought I liked you...Image

Oh well.... :-/

Baseball.... ;-D
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kimchi_chigae » Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:25 am

who voted for football? :-t ...not that it matters :,-(
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 608)

Postby Madison » Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:31 am

Baseball wins hands down. No question and no doubt about it. ;-D

Basketball or Hockey might have gotten more votes than football :-b , but baseball trumps them all. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby pomplona's finest » Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:49 am

kimchi_chigae wrote:who voted for football? :-t ...not that it matters :,-(

didn't I just say it was me? :-b
[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]

AKA IRON CHEF

Member #5 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
pomplona's finest
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby wannabthechamp » Mon Aug 16, 2004 2:02 am

I would say baseball.

I'm anxious for FF to start as well, though. I play with family members, we also do FB, but last year in FF I finished 2nd in the regular season, had an awesome team, but was eliminated in the 1st round. I wanna win it all this year.
"I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany. - Ron Burgundy
wannabthechamp
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jumpman8288 » Mon Aug 16, 2004 2:17 am

Football is much more exciting IMO. Everything is basically happening all at once, on one day. It's also awesome going head-to-head. I know you can do it in baseball too, but in football everything's over in two days and with monday night games you can have some matchups go down to the last second. With baseball you kinda know who's gonna win by the end of the week. Me, I prefer the excitement, which is why I picked football.
[URL=http://http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7158944067217702636&q=new+born+muse]MUSE ROCK[/URL]
jumpman8288
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:50 am

jumpman8288 wrote:Football is much more exciting IMO. Everything is basically happening all at once, on one day. It's also awesome going head-to-head. I know you can do it in baseball too, but in football everything's over in two days and with monday night games you can have some matchups go down to the last second. With baseball you kinda know who's gonna win by the end of the week. Me, I prefer the excitement, which is why I picked football.

That's 1 of the reasons that I like FB over FF. In reality, you could just wake up at noon on Sunday, set your team, and be done for the week in FF. Where's the fun in that??
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 18)

Postby jumpman8288 » Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:55 am

Lofunzo wrote:
jumpman8288 wrote:Football is much more exciting IMO. Everything is basically happening all at once, on one day. It's also awesome going head-to-head. I know you can do it in baseball too, but in football everything's over in two days and with monday night games you can have some matchups go down to the last second. With baseball you kinda know who's gonna win by the end of the week. Me, I prefer the excitement, which is why I picked football.

That's 1 of the reasons that I like FB over FF. In reality, you could just wake up at noon on Sunday, set your team, and be done for the week in FF. Where's the fun in that??

True, but a lot of the times things develop over the week and if you don't pay attention you could get burned. I guess I'm more of an all-or-nothing kinda guy, I like the short burst of excitement better than the drawn out process.
[URL=http://http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7158944067217702636&q=new+born+muse]MUSE ROCK[/URL]
jumpman8288
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:56 am

jumpman8288 wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:

True, but a lot of the times things develop over the week and if you don't pay attention you could get burned. I guess I'm more of an all-or-nothing kinda guy, I like the short burst of excitement better than the drawn out process.

Fair enough. I like the daily involvement of FB.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 18)

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:38 am

Baseball, baseball, baseball.

If your first rounder goes down with an injury in the first week does that destroy your chance of winning in FBB? No. Lets see you win after Priest Holmes blows out his hip (can you blow out a hip in football?).

Can you play roto in football? I guess so but it would be kind of stupid.

There are so many players, so many positions, so many stats, so many games that baseball is the king of fantasy sports.

I must say thought that I enjoy watching NFL more.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk