Kolb looking real shaky of late... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Kolb looking real shaky of late...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Kolb looking real shaky of late...

Postby kcs261 » Sun Aug 15, 2004 8:29 pm

Not counting today's blown save, in the last 21 days, Kolb has an ERA 5.062 with a WHIP of 1.687. Even the saves he has gotten are ugly. I'm so desperate at the point that I'm ready to play Wickman over him. Anybody have any info on what Kolb's problem is right now? He was automatic in the first-half.
kcs261
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby beltrans_boy » Sun Aug 15, 2004 8:51 pm

He doesn't strike enough people out. You can only live on the edge of the plate for so long. He's still a better option than Wickman though...
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby thehat » Sun Aug 15, 2004 9:25 pm

His velocity is still fine, and he's still getting plenty of grounders. Might be nice if his defense wasn't such a sieve.

Kolb isn't an elite guy due to the lack of K's, but I eexpect him to work his way through this slump before long.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby AcidRock23 » Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:56 am

I wonder if there's a morale problem in Milwaukee that could be contributing to sloppier defense, I have Overbay on my bench and he's pretty much fizzed out after being decent substitute Sexson (w/ admittedly WAY less power....) and have not really followed the Brew crew THAT closely but I did trade Sheets (for C. Guillen) and he's continued pitching well but is not getting the Ws.

Kind of a Joe Morganesque sort of intangible thing but if there IS a morale problem on a team whose performance HAD been a pleasant suprise for the first part of the year, that might explain their players kind of going down the tubes at the end of the year. Just another reason to stick w/ guys on winning teams!!
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby Ender » Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:50 pm

Cant comment on the rest of it but his blown save the other day was 1 hit off of him. Hall made an error to let a runner on, Pierre tripled, the next guy got a hit because of defensive positioning trying to stop the run, he got out of it from that point on. Without hall's error there is no way he blows that save. Trying to blame the problem on K's is pretty sad considering he had 5 K's in 6 IP this month yet its his worst month of his career.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby DieHardCubbie » Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:48 pm

Come on Kolb...blow one tonight.... :-D
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Mustangs989 » Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:53 pm

DieHardCubbie wrote:Come on Kolb...blow one tonight.... :-D

Unfortunately no....right now the Cubs do not look like a playoff team :~( Hopefully they will turn it around soon.
Mustangs989
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby DieHardCubbie » Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:06 pm

Mustangs989 wrote:
DieHardCubbie wrote:Come on Kolb...blow one tonight.... :-D

Unfortunately no....right now the Cubs do not look like a playoff team :~( Hopefully they will turn it around soon.

I am afraid they won't.... :-/ ...And sadly I mean that...No pen...no hitters that can score against solid pitching...SD is playing solid ball... :,-(

I am not mailing it in by all means....but with the way we have played...and the way other teams have played....If someone doesn't step up soon and make some plays.... :-P

But there are still six more weeks.... ;-D
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby CubsFan7724 » Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:33 pm

Uggh agreed. The Cubs are playing like garbage, and that bullpen is god awful. The offense is inconsistent, and once again another good outing is wasted.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Return to Baseball Leftovers