TOP 10 FANTASY PLAYERS THIS YEAR OVERALL?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

TOP 10 FANTASY PLAYERS THIS YEAR OVERALL??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

TOP 10 FANTASY PLAYERS THIS YEAR OVERALL??

Postby Spiegs1106 » Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:05 pm

who would you say are the top 10 fantasy players overall this year? Put a * next to the players whos rank changed from the beginning of the season. Thanx
Spiegs1106
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1217
Joined: 15 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Massachusetts/Ohio

Postby Tavish » Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:15 pm

Off the top of my head I would say:

Pujols
Vlad
Abreu
Schmidt
Bonds
Johnson
Beltran
Sheets
A-Rod
Santana

Other than perhaps Pujols they all have changed somewhat. Sheets easily has jumped the most.
Image

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
Posts: 11070
(Past Year: 25)
Joined: 3 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby slomo007 » Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:18 pm

I'd say:

A-Rod
Pujols
Vlad
Johnson
Schmidt
Santana
Abreu
Soriano
Bonds
Thome/Helton

Edit: I assumed you meant for the REST of this year, not what has happened so far.
Last edited by slomo007 on Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle Eye
Posts: 11960
Joined: 31 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby George_Foreman » Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:18 pm

1. abreu
2. schmidt
3. pujols
4. santana
5. johnson
6. vlad
7. rolen
8. arod
9. mora
10. crawford

They've all changed, some more drastically than others.

i went ahead and threw mora up there because, even though his numbers are lower than other people's, he's been hurt for a while, which allowed people to play other guys...

note that this isn't the order i would draft in next year.
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4351
Joined: 16 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: at Morimoto's, eating $50 worth of sushi

Postby NZF » Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:29 pm

Standard roto

Pujols
Vlad
Schmidt *
Bonds
Helton
Abreu *
Rolen *
A-Rod
Manny
Randy J *
Last edited by NZF on Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When you're right no one remembers, when you're wrong no one forgets - NZF
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4795
Joined: 19 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Sitting in the Cake Tin enjoying a cold Speights

Postby NZF » Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:39 pm

Rolen is a definite Top 10 whatever way you want to look at it.

No way he can be left out.

Beltran can't be Top 10 with a .262 average. The reason why A-Rod drops down as well.
When you're right no one remembers, when you're wrong no one forgets - NZF
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4795
Joined: 19 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Sitting in the Cake Tin enjoying a cold Speights

Postby slomo007 » Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:43 pm

New Zealand Fan wrote:Rolen is a definite Top 10 whatever way you want to look at it.

No way he can be left out.

Beltran can't be Top 10 with a .262 average. The reason why A-Rod drops down as well.


Since the ASB, Rolen is hitting .287, which coincidentally is exactly in line with his career average. Rolen is a 2nd rounder, no matter how you slice it....don't buy into his hot start like everyone else.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle Eye
Posts: 11960
Joined: 31 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby NZF » Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:50 pm

slomo007 wrote:
New Zealand Fan wrote:Rolen is a definite Top 10 whatever way you want to look at it.

No way he can be left out.

Beltran can't be Top 10 with a .262 average. The reason why A-Rod drops down as well.


Since the ASB, Rolen is hitting .287, which coincidentally is exactly in line with his career average. Rolen is a 2nd rounder, no matter how you slice it....don't buy into his hot start like everyone else.


Surely we are talking overall to date Top 10.

In fact Slomo your list lost any credibility as soon as you included Soriano in it.

Irrelevant what Rolen has done the past month, he is definite Top 10 overall so far. How the hell can you have Helton in there and not Rolen :-?

Helton 85 runs 26 Hr 71 RBI Avg. 327 steals 3

Rolen 83 runs 26 Hr 98 Rbi Avg. 326 steals 4
When you're right no one remembers, when you're wrong no one forgets - NZF
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4795
Joined: 19 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Sitting in the Cake Tin enjoying a cold Speights

Postby slomo007 » Sun Aug 15, 2004 6:00 pm

New Zealand Fan wrote:
slomo007 wrote:
New Zealand Fan wrote:Rolen is a definite Top 10 whatever way you want to look at it.

No way he can be left out.

Beltran can't be Top 10 with a .262 average. The reason why A-Rod drops down as well.


Since the ASB, Rolen is hitting .287, which coincidentally is exactly in line with his career average. Rolen is a 2nd rounder, no matter how you slice it....don't buy into his hot start like everyone else.


Surely we are talking overall to date Top 10.

In fact Slomo your list lost any credibility as soon as you included Soriano in it.

Irrelevant what Rolen has done the past month, he is definite Top 10 overall so far. How the hell can you have Helton in there and not Rolen :-?

Helton 85 runs 26 Hr 71 RBI Avg. 327 steals 3

Rolen 83 runs 26 Hr 98 Rbi Avg. 326 steals 4


Read my edit: I said that it was from here on out. I wasn't sure what the original poster wanted, so I did from here on out. And yes, I'd easily take Helton or Soriano over Rolen from here on out.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle Eye
Posts: 11960
Joined: 31 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby NZF » Sun Aug 15, 2004 6:18 pm

Not sure how you figured he wanted it from here on out. He said overall this year. Even if he did want the rest of the season included, it would still be hard to fathom how Helton could be there but not Rolen.

The way I read it and what would make perfect sense is as of now who are the Top 10 fantasy baseball players for 2004 in order and which if any have changed positions since the end of last season.

And after looking more into Helton and Rolen and taking into consideration their respective positions, I've got it wrong too and ranked Helton ahead of Rolen.
When you're right no one remembers, when you're wrong no one forgets - NZF
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4795
Joined: 19 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Sitting in the Cake Tin enjoying a cold Speights

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Laicekl and 10 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Friday, Oct. 24
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Kansas City at San Francisco
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact